Kalidou Koulibaly

Sterling and Sane were absolute top dollar and perhaps even overpriced at the time. Young, inconsistent and unproven. We were mocked in some quarters.
I still think we let Sane go far too cheaply. Hazard went to Madrid for 100m in similar circumstances
Jesus hasn’t kicked on, isn’t anywhere near elite and in reality isn’t actually worth that much more than what we paid, though we could probably get a lot more purely down to Brazil caps.
Gundogan was cheap but had 12 months left and was recovering from a brutal knee injury. Didn’t kick a ball for us for several months after signing and sadly has never been the same player as he was beforehand.
Ederson fair enough, love the guy. But he was for a few weeks of a weak pound/Euro possibly the most expensive keeper in history.
Bernardo, again love the man to bits. But 1/1.5 decent seasons out of 3 isn’t conclusive evidence of a bargain, though tbf he has been played out of position by Pep this year.
Mmmmm... don’t know where to start with this

Sterling and Sane were absolute top dollar and perhaps even overpriced at the time. Young, inconsistent and unproven. We were mocked in some quarters.
I still think we let Sane go far too cheaply. Hazard went to Madrid for 100m in similar circumstances
Jesus hasn’t kicked on, isn’t anywhere near elite and in reality isn’t actually worth that much more than what we paid, though we could probably get a lot more purely down to Brazil caps.
Gundogan was cheap but had 12 months left and was recovering from a brutal knee injury. Didn’t kick a ball for us for several months after signing and sadly has never been the same player as he was beforehand.
Ederson fair enough, love the guy. But he was for a few weeks of a weak pound/Euro possibly the most expensive keeper in history.
Bernardo, again love the man to bits. But 1/1.5 decent seasons out of 3 isn’t conclusive evidence of a bargain, though tbf he has been played out of position by Pep this year.
ShortSighted Male 13 years of age ?

Agree with that 100%. Fair enough.
While we’ve been arguing this toss I’ve quite literally just come back inside from chasing a couple of smackheads who tried to steal my neighbour’s car from out the front, so I suppose discussing the value for money obtained by a multi-billion pound organisation suddenly doesn’t feel so important in the grand scheme of things!
Value, for money for me is 100 points never done before, then a domestic clean sweep never done before, by the squad Txiki, Pep and the club built.Whatever we paid, whoever we missed out on, That'll do me. Think this summer we'll rebuild and do something special again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.