Kalidou Koulibaly

And that last part is worth keeping in mind. We need to be actively raising our level and addressing our shortcomings rather than passively sitting on what we have and hoping they get better.

It's the difference between those who stay at the top and those who hope to claw their way back up there.

And nobody 'wants' to spend shit loads on a 29 year old cb, the problem is, what genuine alternatives are there, of top quality, if we don't ? How many truly top class 'proper' centre backs have become available to us, in the last 5 years ?

We were even in for Maguire.

It be hard for a player to come in and be our leader on the pitch it takes time to earn respect from other team mates.

I completely agree but the flip side of it is that there are plenty of recent examples in recent memory of quality players joining clubs and raising the confidence of all those around them through their presence and the fact that they're better on every conceivable level than those they're replacing.

If we're getting rid of two Bravos then it would be nice to get a couple of Edersons.

Exactly.This is not a question of either/or. We can change the system get some midfield enforcement necessary but that shouldn't stop us from buying a defender. Ota and Stones are not cutting it anymore. Any change in a system may help them a little but they won't suddenly turn into world beaters.
The argument for left back makes sense though.
A system where we have a reliable left back, right back and Laporte plus someone like Partey in mid along with Rodri is a scenario where i won't be shitting bricks if the partner to Laporte is Ota/Stones.
We ain't looking for a left back. in Midfield Zakaria is the one we may go for. Hence Koulibaly makes sense for us imho

KK, Zakaria, Ake & Torres would be an immense transfer window imo.

KK, Zakaria, Ake & Torres would be an immense transfer window imo.

Yes. That will be our defence and fullbacks lock and loaded for at least five years.
2021 season we can either give Aguero a contract extension (which i really wish for ) else look for strikers in the market with other positions being all covered.

Yes. That will be our defence and fullbacks lock and loaded for at least five years.
2021 season we can either give Aguero a contract extension (which i really wish for ) else look for strikers in the market with other positions being all covered.

A young striker would be perfect addittion imo, as opposed to young cbs.

That’s a fair take. How do you plan on eradicating our pressing issues without selling a single attacking / midfield senior player? Gundogan, mendy, Jesus, Rodri, and Mahrez aren’t moving so what exactly are you arguing for? We’re up for a massive upgrade in one position.
Jesus for starters is the best pressing player in the entire squad, so I don't understand his inclusion in that list and Aguero and Silva's absence? It makes the post seem disingenuous, although it may just be a genuine mistake.

I've said multiple times our problems are caused by a combination of those players, I don't think we'll have to use the same combinations as frequently next season. Silva leaving will play a huge role, he's been the single biggest weakness in the press and that's coming from someone who believes he's the best player we've ever had at the club (he tops the Kompany, Aguero, Zabaleta, Fernandinho list for me). Aguero will naturally start less and less as he gets older, although we still need his goals, so that sways the balance of that debate.

I don't think Gundogan will feature as prominently in the #8 role, I don't think he or Rodri are problems in isolation in the #6 role, although I don't like them together as a double pivot. Mahrez on his own is fine as well, especially with De Bruyne, Jesus and Walker or Cancelo around him.

There is going to be nothing to report on this till the CL is finished for either club. The press are just making bollocks up at this stage.

There is going to be nothing to report on this till the CL is finished for either club. The press are just making bollocks up at this stage.

Read city Twitter now, that anything that will be done on this, will be after champions league

Also prefers Paris due to his investments there

Really don’t think this will happen unfortunately. No doubt we want him but he genuinely seems happy to stay there and I think we need people who want to be here to drive us forward? He’s the perfect one for us though but personally think we will get skriniar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.