Kalidou Koulibaly

You're not the only one

When I arrived for my medical, I was very nervous, because I didn’t speak any Italian yet. I was greeted by the chairman, Mr. De Laurentiis, in the hallway.

And I think this says everything about Napoli and the club.

He’s looking at me kind of funny, and he says, “Oh, you’re Koulibaly?”

I say, “Yes, I am Koulibaly.”

He says, “But you’re not tall? Aren’t you 1.92 meters?”

I say, “No, Mr. President, I am 1.86 meters.”

He says, “Damn! It is written everywhere that you are 1.92! I am going to have to speak to Genk and get some money back!”

I say, “It’s alright, Mr. President, you pay the full amount. I will give every centimeter back to you on the field, don’t worry.”

From his players Tribune article which is well worth reading.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/kalidou-koulibaly-napoli-we-are-all-brothers
Great read, thanks for sharing

Have we signed anyone from outside the PL in a summer transfer window under Pep who hasn't taken a year to get going? Ederson springs to mind but am lost after that. If his first season is anything like bernardo or mahrez it would be a big gamble at 29 years old. Especially for a club record fee.

Having said that, Napoli didnt fair too bad against Liverpool this season
Laporte.

Have we signed anyone from outside the PL in a summer transfer window under Pep who hasn't taken a year to get going? Ederson springs to mind but am lost after that. If his first season is anything like bernardo or mahrez it would be a big gamble at 29 years old. Especially for a club record fee.

Having said that, Napoli didnt fair too bad against Liverpool this season

Walker, Ederson, Laporte, and Danilo(did his job),

The only CB I trust, on the books right now, is Laporte. We need to buy an experienced CB. Koulibaly fits the bill for experience, size and speed. He may take a while to adapt to Pep's system. He is also a regular CL performer. IF there is a younger, cheaper option, then I don't know who that is. We need class and a leader.

isnt he left footed as well? he plays the same position as laporte at napoli. starting two left footed center backs would be weird

The only CB I trust, on the books right now, is Laporte. We need to buy an experienced CB. Koulibaly fits the bill for experience, size and speed. He may take a while to adapt to Pep's system. He is also a regular CL performer. IF there is a younger, cheaper option, then I don't know who that is. We need class and a leader.
Correct and he's at least 5 years left in him. Reckon Vinny could've done another 2 after finally recovering

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.