Kalidou Koulibaly

You're not the only one

When I arrived for my medical, I was very nervous, because I didn’t speak any Italian yet. I was greeted by the chairman, Mr. De Laurentiis, in the hallway.

And I think this says everything about Napoli and the club.

He’s looking at me kind of funny, and he says, “Oh, you’re Koulibaly?”

I say, “Yes, I am Koulibaly.”

He says, “But you’re not tall? Aren’t you 1.92 meters?”

I say, “No, Mr. President, I am 1.86 meters.”

He says, “Damn! It is written everywhere that you are 1.92! I am going to have to speak to Genk and get some money back!”

I say, “It’s alright, Mr. President, you pay the full amount. I will give every centimeter back to you on the field, don’t worry.”

From his players Tribune article which is well worth reading.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/kalidou-koulibaly-napoli-we-are-all-brothers
According to Google Translate Laurentiis is Swales in English

With some excellent outings by Cancelo so far, the debate for left back can be put to hold for now.
Ake and Koulibaly now makes more sense than ever. We have enough protections at both our fullback positions as well as in defence.

Left back - Mendy Cancelo Ake
Defence - Garcia, Laporte, Koulibaly and Ake
Right back - Walker Cancelo
Wing - Sane out / Torres in
Good to go for next season if all of these transfer do happen

Then City just need to focus on the outgoings

With some excellent outings by Cancelo so far, the debate for left back can be put to hold for now.
Ake and Koulibaly now makes more sense than ever. We have enough protections at both our fullback positions as well as in defence.

Left back - Mendy Cancelo Ake
Defence - Garcia, Laporte, Koulibaly and Ake
Right back - Walker Cancelo
Wing - Sane out / Torres in
Good to go for next season if all of these transfer do happen

Then City just need to focus on the outgoings

Net spending below 40m then with the money from Sane, Stones, Angelino and Zinchenko.

This guy is an amazing central defender, and even more convincing than Van Dijk sometimes. Cancelo is now finding his place, Mendy too. With Koulibaly and Laporte, we would have a great back line. I know his 29, but it's hard to find a defender better than this guy and we'd probably get at least five years of quality defending from him. Skriniar and Dias are interesting too, but still not near as good as Koulibaly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.