Kalidou Koulibaly

That’s not at all what I’m saying. The difference in quality when it comes to Aké vs. Stones & Otamendi, is for me at least, pretty easy to see. And yes, even before he kicked a ball for us. And yes again, C. Ronaldo is his prime is obviously a better footballer than Mahrez, regardless of what team they’re representing it’s not that hard to establish by just looking at the way they play.

OK so I can never again mention CR7 or Cristiano Ronaldo on here, because he played for United? Is it OK for me to mention Messi?

Do you guys have a list of players representing other teams that we’re not allowed to mention in this forum? It would be a good thing to have as I don’t want to step on anyones toes or break any rules.
CR7 is for fanboys

Well we need somebody, don't care who we buy from. If he's the best available then he's the one we should try for.

As long as the person coming in is good enough that the club think he's a suitable long term Laporte partner/starter and has a decent turn of pace I will be happy.

Sometimes I feel like people compare our possible targets with an impossible standard of being one of the very best in the world at their position.

I'm more interested in the difference between them and the person they're replacing.

Last edited:
Not a massive fan of his, and not sure really why he's popped up as an alternative but Soyuncu's pace is not a statistical anomaly, it's very real and bailed Leicester out a lot in the first half of the season.

29 isn't really that old. Fernandinho is 35, Chiellini is also 35. Both of those have been world class for the past 6 seasons. Koulibaly is in his prime now, he's the real deal. He's been playing under a glorified Roy Keane in a rigid system for the last 8-9 months.

If he played alongside Van Dijk at Liverpool I'd honestly see a Liverpool dominance for atleast 5 seasons in both the league and in Europe, and those are the kind of players we want.
Pretty much this. For the people saying they don’t want him, what would your thoughts be if it was announced he was signing for the Scousers tomorrow?

Not a massive fan of his, and not sure really why he's popped up as an alternative but Soyuncu's pace is not a statistical anomaly, it's very real and bailed Leicester out a lot in the first half of the season.

Goodness me, Geoff Peters that's a blast from the past. Goes by DJ Wanker (no joke) and used to DJ in the local nightclub round my end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.