Kalidou Koulibaly

I think Koulibaly has been hyped by the media. It's always a risk signing someone from the Italian league because it is slow paced and very poor quality apart from Juve. Not many players have transferred from Italy to the PL and done well. (There are some exceptions.) Meanwhile Chris Smalling has been a star in Italy.
Soyuncu plays for an unfancied club and gets little media coverage. I have always thought he was excellent against us and know from meeting match-going Leicester fans they rate him as their best player.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion but I prefer the views of matchgoers rather than media pundits, most of whom don't have a clue about football. I am not saying Koulibaly is bad but he is past his peak and not worth £70m. Five years ago I would have gone for him.

I prefer the views of the club over those who don't have a clue about football

I think Koulibaly has been hyped by the media. It's always a risk signing someone from the Italian league because it is slow paced and very poor quality apart from Juve. Not many players have transferred from Italy to the PL and done well. (There are some exceptions.) Meanwhile Chris Smalling has been a star in Italy.
Soyuncu plays for an unfancied club and gets little media coverage. I have always thought he was excellent against us and know from meeting match-going Leicester fans they rate him as their best player.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion but I prefer the views of matchgoers rather than media pundits, most of whom don't have a clue about football. I am not saying Koulibaly is bad but he is past his peak and not worth £70m. Five years ago I would have gone for him.
Napoli fans all beg to differ. He’s regularly performed to a ridiculously high standard in the Champions League. Their fans are so pissed off he’s potentially going because he’s still their best player - there words not mine. The entire team had a stinker this season and shouldn’t be used as a reflection on him - again their words not mine. 29 years old. That was Kompany in 2015-2016, and we could four and could have been five-six years out of him.

Sorry...you think we're taking a "hit" on a LB we bought for £5m and is starting a CL 1/4 final tonight after being a standout player since arrving at Leipzig, and a CB we got for nothing?

I'd like a hit of whatever you're smoking.

I don’t partake, thank you.

You claimed that we’d recover more than £58m by selling those three players. By ‘hit’ I meant that we’d not make the market value of any of those players, including Angelino. Leipzig have already intimated that they won’t pay what we want and even highlighted his current inability to defend in a conventional 4 at the back system.

Garcia will probably leave for £15m, Otamendi is reportedly being sold for £8m, and I cannot see anyone paying in excess of £35m for Angelino in the current climate, so if they are all to be sold this summer, it will involve the club taking a hit.

You can smoke whatever you choose, but before you do, perhaps you can explain how you come to your calculation. ;-)

I was initially worried about this because I thought he was too old... but then I remembered that I turn 30 myself next month and have changed my mind. He's a spring chicken, plenty of time let, we should break the bank on him. Get it done

Yes because he is yet to prove himself properly at the highest level. When we bought him back for £5/6m he was valued then at about £20m but had been playing in the dutch league. I think we have devalued him by bringing him back, hardly playing him and loaning him back out tbh.

He did okay with us and has done well in the Bundesliga and Champions League, so I think your valuation is slightly conservative.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.