Kalidou Koulibaly

One other thought... I see no reason why Pep won’t continue to play Fernandinho as a CB next season. So I don’t see a need to keep Stones. We’d need to offer him a new contract if we want to keep him and I don’t think his performances justify one. I can’t see him getting much game time if he were to stay.

His own goal against Juve is stuck in mind.

How has his form been this season for serie A watchers?

A top centre back along with Tosin coming back to replace Stones and Otamendi looks very good to me.

Would be absolutely thrilled with Koulibaly. Not saying it's him or bust, but he and Laporte would be the top CB pairing in the league, if not all of Europe.

The thing is, we know Laporte is going nowhere and Dinho has extended another year. If we're to sign a top drawer CB then wouldn't that mean both Otamendi and Stones are gone? I don't see Garcia going out on loan next season.

One other thought... I see no reason why Pep won’t continue to play Fernandinho as a CB next season. So I don’t see a need to keep Stones. We’d need to offer him a new contract if we want to keep him and I don’t think his performances justify one. I can’t see him getting much game time if he were to stay.
I think Pep sees the fragility he had hoped he could coach out of Stones has remained, and possibly worsened. And, I’m not sure he’s a personality Pep enjoys, given his off field drama and being the team goof off, but not doing the business on the field.

One more year out of Ferna, possibly even as a back up to allow LK to find his feet in English football, would be excellent, as we can then also allow Garcia and Harwood-Bellis to mature and grow.

KK is the right age, if acquired at the right price, to allow them both the time to develop out of the spotlight, while getting regular time.

KK, Ferna, Laporte and Garcia & HB would be a good 5, allowing City to sell Stones to a striver and let Ota head home to Argie. The following season, Ferna leaves and City then have to decide if EG & HB are a suitable back up pairing or look for A.N. Other.

KK & AL would be an immense pairing, though!

This is the one defender in world football really worth going all in for.
Just looks imperious every time I've watched him.
Watched him dispossess salah with ridiculous ease, multiple times. Was like watching an adult play against a child.
If we were to sign only him this summer I'd be more than happy
I agree with this. I dont even care how old he is, we got dinho at 28 and look how that's worked out. If he gives us even 3 years at his top level then both Garcia and fingers crossed HWB will both be ready which gives us s ball playing CB and a beast who can play. In my opinion this would be the signing that brings the league back to us next year. Ota has been a good servant but I cant take anymore of his clowning in defense

I’m hearing city are preparing to spend big on a Centre back, however the centre back at Benfica Dias Is first choice and not koulibaly, city don’t want to waste time negotiating with Napoli As they are miles apart in the price for him .
City also believe they will be able to get Alaba also as part of the swap for sane.
Would appreciate not getting slagged of for sharing the information I’ve been informed.

I’m hearing city are preparing to spend big on a Centre back, however the centre back at Benfica Dias Is first choice and not koulibaly, city don’t want to waste time negotiating with Napoli As they are miles apart in the price for him .
City also believe they will be able to get Alaba also as part of the swap for sane.
Would appreciate not getting slagged of for sharing the information I’ve been informed.

Good to hear...I don't know too much about dias to be honest, but have seen koulibaly and he is a beast. Dias is obviously younger and would fit in line with securing a more long term partnership with both Laporte and Garcia- koulivaly obviously brings heaps of experience but at age 29

Alabama I would be happy with as well.

Agree about negotiations with Napoli would dòubtfully go smooth going of past history

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.