Kalidou Koulibaly

Well considering City paid 50m for Stones, 50m for Mendy and Utd paid 80m for Maguire, i would consider 53m being really cheap for a player who is twice as good as the other 3 players mentioned.
Very different ages than KK and Stones English (so too Maguire) so the English Tax applies. Let’s not also forget these purchases were pre COVID. I think 53M is a lot of money. Whilst there were mitigating circumstances what did we get for Leroy? A lot less than what Napoli want for KK. Further we got Ake for 40M and that included Home Grown premium. Napoli are dreaming.

Well considering City paid 50m for Stones, 50m for Mendy and Utd paid 80m for Maguire, i would consider 53m being really cheap for a player who is twice as good as the other 3 players mentioned.
Stones and Maguire are both homegrown, both significantly younger and both would retain a reasonable value due to both factors if it didn't work out as well as anticipated. Koulibaly is a fucking huge financial risk even at £50m, if it doesn't work out you're left with a huge transfer fee to pay and huge wages to pay, without any potential of recouping any of that money. We've just signed Ake at £40m, who is 5 years younger, in my opinion just as, if not more, talented and if it all goes to shit for him here, we'll still be able to recover more than half the money quite easily. That's little risk, high potential.

£53m is most certainly not ridiculously cheap for a player of his age, no matter how good he is. Before you mention Messi, that's a different stratosphere of marketing potential and value outside of the on pitch activity, Koulibaly doesn't bring that side of it.

53m is ridiculously cheap for a player of his stature. I just can't see Napoli talking to us unless its over 60m plus bonuses.
1 year left on his contract, no sell on potential, and Napoli need €€€€.

As I say to my kids about any negotiation, the guy with the money drives the deal, because he can always say “No” and walk away with it. The other guy has “stuff,” and “stuff” is available everywhere at all different prices and qualities.

I know the EXACT VALUE of 1€. What is the EXACT VALUE of 1 Khoulibaly? And, it’s getting smaller by the day, IMHO!

1 year left on his contract, no sell on potential, and Napoli need €€€€.

As I say to my kids about any negotiation, the guy with the money drives the deal, because he can always say “No” and walk away with it. The other guy has “stuff,” and “stuff” is available everywhere at all different prices and qualities.

I know the EXACT VALUE of 1€. What is the EXACT VALUE of 1 Khoulibaly? And, it’s getting smaller by the day, IMHO!

Err he has 3 years left on his deal.

This transfer saga has been like sticking your head in a washing machine and setting it to spin dry. I can't find a tier list for Italian journos, is this Auriemma fella reliable?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.