Kalidou Koulibaly

Hmmm, interesting.

This could be a tactic of Napoli's to brief the media so we hurry and pay up for Koulibaly. If it isn't and the interest with PSG is genuine, then Txiki really has dropped a clanger.

We went a couple of seasons without getting an understudy for Fernandinho, luckily for us it didn't cost us. Can we go another season without replacing Vincent Kompany? Absolutely no chance.

Pep would have been fuming to miss out on Maguire last summer, he will be absolutely and i mean absolutely raging to miss out on Koulibaly this window. We have wasted almost our entire summer trying to wrap this deal up and still are nowhere near close to getting it done.

Txiki needs to get this done, i don't care what it costs... we are absolutely desperate and i mean DESPERATE for a top CB. Our defence needs leadership, it needs a commanding presence in there alongside Laporte. Txiki needs to realise that he is putting Pep's reputation on the line here. He HAS to deliver.

If he does not deliver this window, it is time to employ someone else who can manage to get deals over the line with as little fuss as possible and assign Txiki a new role within the club.

I think our window really rests on this transfer. If we don't bring Koulibaly in, we have no chance of winning the Premier League or getting close to winning the CL. I still think we need a LB and another midfielder or forward player as well as Koulibaly, but not bringing in a top CB like Koulibaly would be the definition of a disastrous window.

Last edited:
Hmmm, interesting.

This could be a tactic of Napoli's to brief the media so we hurry and pay up for Koulibaly. If it isn't and the interest with PSG is genuine, then Txiki really has dropped a clanger.

We went a couple of seasons without getting an understudy for Fernandinho, luckily for us it didn't cost us. Can we go another season without replacing Vincent Kompany? Absolutely no chance.

Pep would have been fuming to miss out on Maguire last summer, he will be absolutely and i mean absolutely raging to miss out on Koulibaly this window. We have wasted almost our entire summer trying to wrap this deal up and still are nowhere near close to getting it done.

Txiki needs to get this done, i don't care what it costs... we are absolutely desperate and i mean DESPERATE for a top CB. Our defence needs leadership, it needs a commanding presence in there alongside Laporte. Txiki needs to realise that he is putting Pep's reputation on the line here. He HAS to deliver.

If he does not deliver this window, it is time to employ someone else who can manage to get deals over the line with as little fuss as possible and assign Txiki a new role within the club.

I think our window really rests on this transfer. If we don't bring Koulibaly in, we have no chance of winning the Premier League or getting close to winning the CL. I still think we need a LB and another midfielder or forward player as well as Koulibaly, but not bringing in a top CB like Koulibaly would be the definition of a disastrous window.
This uefa victory could of galvanised the club in a big way. We seem to be dead set on going from disaster to disaster. I won’t throw the baby out with the bath water yet but I’m close. Nearly signing messi isn’t an achievement, and this CB is essential! It’s lost us game after game this season, get it done txiki we’re not in a position to walk away from this one over a few million.

This uefa victory could of galvanised the club in a big way. We seem to be dead set on going from disaster to disaster. I won’t throw the baby out with the bath water yet but I’m close. Nearly signing messi isn’t an achievement, and this CB is essential! It’s lost us game after game this season, get it done txiki we’re not in a position to walk away from this one over a few million.

I think once we defeated UEFA, we all expected big things to come. I expected some big movements in the transfer market.

I am the same, i am willing to be patient and judge once the transfer window is closed, but if Koulibaly does end up going to PSG, that will send out all the wrong signals for me and i will be very, very disappointed. It will just indicate to me that our transfer strategy is completely flawed and we have once again dropped the ball, messed about haggling over a fee and eventually been pipped at the post again for our number 1 target. Who will be next on the list... Diego Carlos? He is not Pep's first choice so we need to make sure we get Pep's number 1 target. We have wasted so much time on this transfer saga, so we need to make sure we get this one over the line or we will end up with egg on our faces.

We signed Ake and Torres very quickly, but it has taken us a very long time to get the next deals wrapped up. We just need this Koulibaly one done within the next week so we can at least move on to other targets and focus on them until the end of the window. I am hoping Txiki doesn't let us down, this is a very, very pivotal window, particularly when Liverpool will end up signing Thiago. We need to continue to build and continue to get better. Can't stand still.

For Txiki haggling skills to work, we need total and proper commitment from the players we are targeting. Just like how Bayern function.
Why was Torres cheap - Last year contract, straight up refused to sign a new deal. Wanted to come to City because of David and Pep. Valencia in dire need for Cash. Hence the deal
Ake - Bournemouth needing the cash but with no urgency as such. Ake had options for both Chelsea and City. Chelsea had a clause. We ended up paying 41 mil for a relegated defender.

WIth KK we have zero leverage. The poker face hasn't worked. ADL won't budge. KK is apparently okay with staying at Napoli too. Plus Jorginho saga. I don't even know why he was our target when we don't know how to deal with ADL.
And less than two weeks into the season We have stones and Ota against Wolves.
And if this deal happens we will pay a record fees for a defender despite Covid, despite he is 29. What this delay will achieve I surely have no clue.

For Txiki haggling skills to work, we need total and proper commitment from the players we are targeting. Just like how Bayern function.
Why was Torres cheap - Last year contract, straight up refused to sign a new deal. Wanted to come to City because of David and Pep. Valencia in dire need for Cash. Hence the deal
Ake - Bournemouth needing the cash but with no urgency as such. Ake had options for both Chelsea and City. Chelsea had a clause. We ended up paying 41 mil for a relegated defender.

WIth KK we have zero leverage. The poker face hasn't worked. ADL won't budge. KK is apparently okay with staying at Napoli too. Plus Jorginho saga. I don't even know why he was our target when we don't know how to deal with ADL.
And if this deal happens we will pay a record fees for a defender despite Covid, despite he is 29. What this delay will achieve I surely have no clue.
Very pessimistic post. Win half of those 10 games we lost last season and we get well over 90 points. The Aké and Torres additions will more than help to achieve that. KK doesn't seem to be too keen to come to us does he? We are between the proverbial rock and the hard place. Sign him at great cost with plenty of risk( previous injury worry,settling in issue?) yet he could turn out to give that stability in defence that we really need. I stress could. I've no doubt the transfer will be done but we have to see the club's caution here.

If its €90m deal then better pull out. No issues.
Pep won't ne angry, it's all how things work. Haven't paid over the top shouldn't pay over the top.

And winning atbCAs has no bearing in trf market

Keep checking threads to see actual updates and all there is, is moaning bastards - moaning about Txiki, about selling about our haggling. WHEN DID CITY FABS TURN INTO SUCH SPOILT SCOUSERS?!

What record fee are you on about? KK will not cost more than the fridge that United bought

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.