Kalidou Koulibaly

Garcia's very comfortable with the ball. We know that as long as Pep's here, that will be the number one priority for any of his defenders.
It would be nice if the Zin + money option made De Laurentis bite. That seems to make a lot of sense. We've got a good footballer on our hands, who is surplus to our requirements,and being played in a position that's uncomfortable for him.
It occurs to me that City will play hardball with Barca as far as Garcia's concerned for exactly as long as Napoli play hardball with us. The lad does have one more year on his contract, and that does give us a breathing space to get someone in. He may not be very physical, but he's got a very good footballing brain. It's never ideal to have a disgruntled footballer in your ranks, but I think we could live with the Garcia/Ake/Stones/Laporte scenario for a bit longer (I'm not counting Ota any more). It's not exactly the apocalyptic situation that some on here are suggesting. It's not ideal, and we definitely need a top class central defender in. But those are the oprative words: top class.

I agree to an extent, in regards to Ferna and the left back situation 100% need something but personally see a player more suited to the prem in Tosin than Garcia.....there really isn't a substitute for pace and Garcia, although a great footballer looks like he is running backwards.

Centre of the park is a concern as I like rodri but again he is lacking in any pace....to be fair the team is very one paced and I believe would have been taken apart by Bayern who have technical ability and speed in abundance.
Pace is so important. Worried we don’t have enough in key areas.

Agreed apart from Walker and Ake our defence lacks pace which needs to be addressed. The addition of Koulibaly would help in that area.

Would help is an understatement, Koulibaly is one of the fastest CBs in football.

Against PSG he kept up with Mbappe!!

Would this new report be that random twitter posted on here a few minutes ago?
Gazzetta and Calcionapoli are reporting the same as that republica source if you're meaning that. I would expect it to be as such since there hasn't been any movement in his deal at all.

I'm surprised we've never tried Walker as a centre back - as he gets older I think it would suit him very well.
Walker's speciality in our side is recovery, he is good at holding that right side down as long as there's a good centre half pairing, I am not sure he would cut it there unless it was in a back 3.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.