Kalidou Koulibaly

Happy that Txiki is not prepared to pay silly fees amidst a pandemic in order to please a few needy fans.

It's not to please needy fans, it's to improve the team and try to win the title and/or CL instead of finishing about 20 points behind Liverpool.

Apart from Laporte and possibly Ake (hopefully!), none of our central defenders are good enough now and need replacing. Again. Players good enough to actually improve us cost a lot because they're good! No point spending a low fee on someone no better than what we have already.

The Amazon documentary was very revealing with behind the scenes footage in how decisions are taken amongst Txiki and our hierarchy.

(In hindsight I wonder if we regret not paying the money discussed for VVD before Liverpool got him?)
Don't think so as we got Laporte instead.

Last edited:
Reports this morning that PSG have submitted a bid for Koulibaly. That was always the danger, however the danger of this led me to conclude that we weren't in for him.

I doubt PSG have submitted an offer and if they have, starting at 52m is funny tbf. ADL going to take that just to spite us? I dont think so.

Reports this morning that PSG have submitted a bid for Koulibaly. That was always the danger, however the danger of this led me to conclude that we weren't in for him.

Don’t think they will get far with that offer to ADL, probably just shite leaks from their end to counter our shitty leaks about interest in other players.

I still expect the deal to get done.

It's not to please needy fans, it's to improve the team and try to win the title and/or CL instead of finishing about 20 points behind Liverpool.

Apart from Laporte and possibly Ake (hopefully!), none of our central defenders are good enough now and need replacing. Again. Players good enough to actually improve us cost a lot because they're good! No point spending a low fee on someone no better than what we have already.
18 months looking for a CB and we are going into the last few weeks of the window in full panic mode, WTF.

Since the beginning of last season City have the best premier league defensive record. So whoever we sign I doubt if the media will change the script of how bad our defence is.
It will only take one or two errors and we will still be defensive puppies.
some people on here are so brainwashed by the media it will be a disaster if we don't get KK, with LaPorte and better finishing we would of won the league last year, but let the flappers flap away ,flap flap flap flap flap

we let 2 more goals in that Liverpool without our best CB , WHY all of the sudden are people on here taking the media narrative as gospel,

foden for silva. upgrade as silva legs had pretty much gone
ake in as partner/cover up grade on ferna legs have gone
torres in for well no one as sane ways injured . upgrade
rodri another season and i think he will be better than last year. upgrade
jesus will become the main striker, but sergio will still get 20/25 goals in all comps
mendy looks fit and did really well in the after lockdown games ,upgrade

if we don't buy anyone else i still think we will give anyone a run for the title.

of course i would like KK, aouer (sp) and a new forward , but hey ho

I doubt PSG have submitted an offer and if they have, starting at 52m is funny tbf. ADL going to take that just to spite us? I dont think so.
Maybe but it's not clear at all that we're in for Koulibaly. Had we had an interest we'd have surely moved in by now.

It maybe that City are happy with our back 4, and are not actively trying to strengthen our back 4 and yet City are now being linked with central defenders. Not impressive if City are scrabbling around at this late stage for defensive reinforcements.

Spot on. I’m tired of reading these ignorant posts about not overpaying or not really needing Koulibaly. People can’t seem to see our need for a revamped defence and it’s surprising to say the least. Laporte and Aké are two top centrebacks but it’s still not enough. They can’t play week in, week out, and if one of them gets an injury, we’re back with Stones, Otamendi or Fernandinho and that’s bad news both for the league and UCL. The fact that people still believes Stones have anything to do in this squad is laughable.

Sometimes, you just have to go that extra mile to secure a player. Liverpool did just that with VVD and it’s the best investment they’ve made the last decade if not more. Koulibaly could have a similar effect to us. It’s the only central defender I know of, who have VVDs defensive qualities.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.