Kalidou Koulibaly

The ball from Stones comes to Otamendi's left foot, if he was left footed, the ball back to Ederson is very simple. The fact he's naturally right footed forces him to take a touch back on to his right foot, as he's clearly not confident playing that ball back to Ederson under pressure left footed.

It's exactly why I have advocated signing Ake as a Laporte backup before Koulibaly, as that situation even if unpunished happens a dozen times a game. Someone posted a video a while back showing multiple occurances of our problems playing out to that left hand side when Laporte is missing, I wish I had saved a copy. Can't be arsed finding it but whoever posted it might remember and be able to re-post it.
Do you know why we we're in for Maguire then?

Koulibaly and Ben White to supplement Laporte/replace Stones and/or Garcia would go a long way to revamping the defence, and establishing a solid platform for the pending rebuild.

Koulibaly is going to surprise people with exactly how good he is, but he’s also gonna be away for AFCON, so another central defender is going to be necessary, and White ticks all the boxes as a young ball-playing defender who’s also homegrown, and will inevitably break into the England team over the next 12 months.

Still somewhat baffles me that AFCON was moved due to the rainy season in summer. Just a little rain. My father worked there for years as an expatriate (host nation is Cameroon). It’s not bad enough to move the whole tournament. Nonetheless, a backup CB is a must. Whether the backups include Stones/Garcia/THB...only time will tell.

Still somewhat baffles me that AFCON was moved due to the rainy season in summer. Just a little rain. My father worked there for years as an expatriate (host nation is Cameroon). It’s not bad enough to move the whole tournament. Nonetheless, a backup CB is a must. Whether the backups include Stones/Garcia/THB...only time will tell.

Harwood-Bellis needs a loan to iron out those inevitable mistakes and become comfortable expressing himself with his distribution in the senior game - he’s physically ready for it, unlike some of the other default dwarfs in the academy. He’ll be ready by his early 20s, if the right developmental pathway is created for him. It’d be a waste to have him stuck in the u23s with the odd league cup appearance.

If Kompany stays at Anderlect, a year there would do him good learning from VK in a decent enough league for an 18 year old, providing he’s assured of 20+ games.

Regarding White, he’s got everything to slot straight into our style of play, having worked under Bielsa; he could be intergrated slowly in the lead up to AFCON. There aren’t too many English players who’re stylistically compatible with our football philosophy, so when they do come available, we have to take calculated risks on them.

Well if they are direct quotes from him then that doesnt sound like he is looking to leave at all

I guess it comes down to whether Napoli need to sell him I guess

He's now saying his family is happy were they are and that makes him happy and he's waiting to see if the president offers him contact to end his career there, don't sound like a bloke who wants a move or he's blagging lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.