Kalidou Koulibaly

We will be waiting at least until both teams finish their champions league campaigns, then probably a bit longer with his shenanigans.

Never seen him play. Haven't read this thread but I have to say he is getting on my tits.

Never wanted him anyway

I have no idea but that is what our scouts should be doing, every year we are linked with the latest must have player and when we they go elsewhere the following year there are a new crop of must have players. Why were we not picking up on this guy last year when we knew Kompany was going?

Probably because it wasn’t entirely sure what Kompany’s intentions were until rather late in the season. Similarly, it was hoped that Stones and Otamendi would progress rather than regress, and there was also the insurance that Fernandinho could slot back into the defence. Only on that last point were we correct.

Napoli were also in a stronger position last year and less likely to sell at an acceptable price; a chaotic season this year means that they currently look forward to Europa League football (they’ve enjoyed Champions League football for four consecutive seasons) and playing in empty stadia for the foreseeable. They’ve already spent on new players so they must be anticipating cashing in on Koulibaly.

We don’t need a player to develop over the next 5 years, we need the finished article who can lead us for the next 4 years, and of those there are precious few. Patience will hopefully be rewarded with a player who keeps both the fans and the accountants happy.

Probably because it wasn’t entirely sure what Kompany’s intentions were until rather late in the season. Similarly, it was hoped that Stones and Otamendi would progress rather than regress, and there was also the insurance that Fernandinho could slot back into the defence. Only on that last point were we correct.

Napoli were also in a stronger position last year and less likely to sell at an acceptable price; a chaotic season this year means that they currently look forward to Europa League football (they’ve enjoyed Champions League football for four consecutive seasons) and playing in empty stadia for the foreseeable. They’ve already spent on new players so they must be anticipating cashing in on Koulibaly.

We don’t need a player to develop over the next 5 years, we need the finished article who can lead us for the next 4 years, and of those there are precious few. Patience will hopefully be rewarded with a player who keeps both the fans and the accountants happy.
They're separate entities? I thought all of the accountants were on here.

Last night i watched JSG give his views on the top 5 contenders against Koulibaly, he got plenty wrong mostly on the ability but in the case of the Milan player he ignored the fact that Milan are a very very rich club with no need to sell their best players, the striker they want to sell can not play with Lukaku,
All the noise about Koulibaly is coming out of Italy/ Napoli, as yet we have no knowledge of any interest from City, at 29 i think a lot of people are exaggerating how long he has left, especially coming off a poor season where he visibly slowed, Koulibaly`s own word are,` I am happy here` another way of saying we are going to have to pay him as much as KDB
In todays news Rudiger has been put up for sale? i have watched both in Italy and there was little difference, except age price wages and pace.
I am not a Koulibaly fan but he is a good player that does not make financial or sporting sense, and does send out the wrong message

What date is the Champions League final?
I’m just assuming we will kick out Madrid and Juve. I want to know when we can start dealing with this guy because it ain’t happeing until UCL is over, or atleast until Napoli is knocked out.

I do think we could get Koulibaly for around 65m, and by sendig a player in their direction. Napoli would never settle for 65m up front and I doubt City will pay 80m.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.