Kalidou Koulibaly

Clearly city are still a bit annoyed with Napoli and this relatively protracted transfer reflects that.

Are we? Does it? Is there even a transfer there to speak of, let alone be protracted?

It is all complete speculation, the interest never mind any approach, which to date hasn't happened.

We played as much of a part in that summer's 'mess' and how it turned out, however the player played the biggest part. That isn't me criticising Tixi, it is just a comment on what happened.

I personally would have no issue with the club decided not to do business with Napoli, i just don't think it is true nor can anyone claim it with such certainty, based on very third hand interpretation of fourth hand rumours.

All part of a waiting game of bluff and bluster, it won't happen till the last minute, if it does at all.

If the stats about his defending on Sly are true I'm not that impressed. Short video clips of a few tackles doesn't prove that he's the answer to our problems. Looks a bit clumsy and has a penalty in him by the looks of him.
He's given away two penalties in 183 Serie A appearances. Van Dijk has given away three penalties in 157 Premier League appearances. Doesn't sound like it's an issue.

Aké is a better defender than Mendy, but most likely he wouldn’t offer what Mendy offers going forward, crossing ability etc.
But playing our strongest and most reliable defenders, that line-up would stop most teams.
No disrespect to Mendy but in games vs. stout competition I'll trade what Mendy gives up defensively for whatever deficits Ake has moving forward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.