Kalidou Koulibaly

It was me who compared him to Mangala, with good reason, and i stand by it. I would be interested to know what part of my comparison was racist?

For context: My post

I worry about Koulibaly. He seems quite rash and spends a lot of time on his arse, i have no interest in the Italian league so have only watched youtube videos, but watching them transported me back to watching videos of Mangala, where every tackle he seemed to make was a slide tackle, granted, in the videos they come off, but they're highlights, how often does he concede fouls or miss completely? The worry is for me is, they look good in a poorer league with much slower football and then arrive here and are miles off!
Also if we weren't willing to part with £75 million for a 26 year old Van Dyke, we shouldn't be parting with that sum for anyone.

My opinion of course.

Last edited:
It was me who compared him to Mangala, with good reason, and i stand by it. I would be interested to know what part of my comparison was racist?

Nothing directly on your part but there's something to be said about the bigger picture when every black player we get linked with gets compared with another. There's also a tendency for discussion around these players to be dominated by their physical abilities and people are much quicker to assume clumsiness. Rarely if ever do you see any conversation about their intelligence on the pitch.

Nothing directly on your part but there's something to be said about the bigger picture when every black player we get linked with gets compared with another. There's also a tendency for discussion around these players to be dominated by their physical abilities and people are much quicker to assume clumsiness. Rarely if ever do you see any conversation about their intelligence on the pitch.
My comparison was between one footballer and the way they play and another footballer and the way they play, and the similarities (in my opinion) in the way they play. Clumsiness was not assumed, it was witnessed, in the videos i watched. The race of either player was never considered, at least, not by me.

If we are going to go to £80 m for a 29 year old - we may as well throw an extra £50 m at it and go for the best .... I think a bid of £130m might just land us...

3bdb71b33caebe7c5963fd4a5d904e8d.jpg

My comparison was between one footballer and the way they play and another footballer and the way they play, and the similarities (in my opinion) in the way they play. Clumsiness was not assumed, it was witnessed, in the videos i watched. The race of either player was never considered, at least, not by me.

Like I said, I'm not accusing you of actively pushing racist views. If I thought your post by itself was anything insidious then I would have called you out on it directly.

What I would say on the topic of Koulibaly or any other player is that people shouldn't be so quick to assume anything from a couple of videos, particularly when those assumptions are at odds with the reputation they've spent years building. It's akin to watching Laporte's worst moments and comparing him to Phil Jones.

Like I said, I'm not accusing you of actively pushing racist views. If I thought your post by itself was anything insidious then I would have called you out on it directly.

What I would say on the topic of Koulibaly or any other player is that people shouldn't be so quick to assume anything from a couple of videos, particularly when those assumptions are at odds with the reputation they've spent years building. It's akin to watching Laporte's worst moments and comparing him to Phil Jones.
Absolutely ridiculous to even pick up any kind of racial connotations from anything that has been said. There is clearly no racial undertone in any of these messages aside from the ones you have created in your head.

Absolutely ridiculous to even pick up any kind of racial connotations from anything that has been said. There is clearly no racial undertone in any of these messages aside from the ones you have created in your head.

I've been on here long enough to have seen the wider picture and I'm far from the only one so spare me the indignation.

If we are going to go to £80 m for a 29 year old - we may as well throw an extra £50 m at it and go for the best .... I think a bid of £130m might just land us...

3bdb71b33caebe7c5963fd4a5d904e8d.jpg

Absolutely no chance we are talking £200 million here and £500,000 per week. Gutted we cannot afford him, but you win some and you lose some.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.