Kalidou Koulibaly

KK lost about £20M in value, considering we are buying him to play against these teams (Barca, Madrids, Bayern).

£40M, £10M in add-ons for PL/CL. Take it or leave it.

WE have money, THEY have an aging CB that wants out and isn’t getting CL football next year in Napoli...which will cost the club about €100M they can’t afford not to have.

Laurentis can fuck off if he thinks he can bend us over for a 30 year old CB with zero sell on opportunity.

Fucking tosser screwed us over with Jorginho. Fuck him!

WE ARE MANCHESTER CITY!

And for those who didn’t watch the game, he got caught on the ball in his own box, and caught marauding upfield more than once. Yes, he’s a big unit that can pass a ball, but he lost a few balls, too.

Put it this way...he didn’t stand out in any way that could be considered positive in his final audition against world class forwards.

Last edited:
I really think nowadays people judge players by how good they are on fifa, koubly koubly is brilliant on fifa, I've never seen enough of him to make a judgement, and for the record ferran torres is getting sold in my fifa

I’m going to be as nice as I can...

I can’t imagine KK in our team. The bits I’ve seen of him that I like I don’t think would suit us. The bits I’ve seen of him that I don’t like worry me in that I think he is prone to big rash errors and will cost us.

I trust City and Pep but I don’t see what they are seeing. Personally I wouldn’t buy him at all at any price so if he comes I hope I’m wrong.

Is there such a thing as a young Van Buyten out there..that’s what I’d like.

I’ve never known such a dearth of good centre halves.
Shhhhhhh! Whisper it quietly "Caglar*

Koulibaly would be more at home in City's side on his first day than in this Napoli side. His performances have been going downhill the further the team get from Sarri's football, and I would imagine he'd love to go back to a side which dominates possession, plays a high line and presses like mad.

Throw in a bit of "his head's gone" type stuff, and IMO a bizarre penalty decision and you get tonights game.

It's not ideal to be getting someone who presumably is going to be a little low on confidence though, and I'm still slightly worried about the fact he's been a left sided player 90% of his career? Just adding difficulty to the transfer.

But Diego Carlos plays like a kid on FIFA who doesn't realise there's a standing tackle button as well as the slide tackle one. He spends 30% of the game on his backside.
There is? Crap! That must be why I sux at that game. :)

Kompany was woeful at Anfield in 2014, in what was billed as a title deciding game; we’re in the next round of the Champions League because one of the most decorated central defenders in football history gifted us two goals last night - these things happen to defenders.

He’s still substantially better than anything else available to us on the market. The asking price is daft, but realistically we won’t be paying it, and Koulibaly’s frustration at being kept there during his prime years due to his prohibitive cost - especially now he has his last chance to challenge for trophies at a big club in a legitimate league - is probably impacting on his form.
Vinny was rushed back from injury if I recall

Looked like mangala tonight big donkey!
I literally thought the same thing at times tonight. I didn’t say it here, because people will throw up their hands and say “Bullshit! Half the football world is after him!”

Well, I haven’t seen anyone put their money where the headlines are yet, and until they do, it’s paper, agent and Laurentis talk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.