Kalidou Koulibaly

That maybe so. However it's too late to do anything about it now.

I mean the moment where we needed to be scouting to replace a cb with a new one. We are already years behind schedule imo & our best cb has just retired from football. Vinny would have played since the restart, if fit & still at the club (& we'd probably have an FA Cup & a CL semi tonight).

Time is up, for farting about.

I think Ake is a better player than Koulibaly, we only paid £40m for him. A similar right footed CB would do me just fine, if not then we go with Stones, Adaradiayo and Harwood-Bellis.

Thats one of the most hilarious take I have ever seen on here. One was the best defender in italy or perhaps the world for many years, while the other was part of a backline the continuously concedes the most goals and got relegated. Its like saying a Fiat is better than a Ferrari hahaha

Only us City fans can downplay going after a defender with the reputation of Kalidou Koulibaly. If United and Liverpool were going for him their fans would label him as the next "Maldini" coming to Anfield/Old Trafford.

I dislike arrogance but our fans need to have a little more self belief in how big we've become, how good we are and what we've won over the years. We aren't that little club anymore.

If we are to be considered one of the big boys in World Football attitudes have to follow suit with it. Who cares about how much a 29 year old costs, we aren't here to penny pinch- we want to become the best team on Earth and to do that we need to spend whatever it takes on proven quality. If Van Dijk was being sold from Liverpool for 63 million- Liverpool would have their pants pulled down and he's the same age as KK.

The way I see it, we bought Sane at a very young age to set up the future of this club and lost him- and that could happen to a lot of players we buy at a young age. Football is a short career, players from other countries don't tend to want to stay at clubs for a long period of time. Silva, Aguero, Kompany are the exception. But if you look around the world - Barcelona bought Neymar young to set up their future after Messi and he left. Mbappe probably won't stay at PSG for very long. There's no guarantee. Id rather we buy proven world class in areas that need immediate improvement than buy another young player with potential like John Stones who is still potential and hasn't improved under us - even after having the time being Kompany's understoody for 3 seasons. With Rodri we have time because we still have Fernandinho, with Jesus we have time because we still have Aguero but in defence we have Laporte who still isn't the finished article yet like a Van Dijk, Terry, Vidic or a Tony Adams. We need a defender who's ready now to get back what's ours. The title.

In a world where there are very little available top class defenders who brings the presence Koulibaly could bring to us- we've got to strike.
slabhead had a big reputation as well,just saying

Thats one of the most hilarious take I have ever seen on here. One was the best defender in italy or perhaps the world for many years, while the other was part of a backline the continuously concedes the most goals and got relegated. Its like saying a Fiat is better than a Ferrari hahaha
Coming from someone who said Frenkie De Jong wasn't as good as Neves and Ndombele I'm sure I'll survive.

Napoli have had a civil war all season, my word the players went on strike.

Covid and no supporters has hit them hard, no massive TV deals to bail them out.

Do you think we would spend months negotiating with a player who does not want to join us?
How do you know we’ve spent months negotiating?

How do you know Covid has hit them hard?

When we factor in the sale of Garcia and or Stones/Otamendi then £80 Million (if we do go that high) isn’t a bad deal. It’s not my money anyway but as a previous poster said and I have to agree, we need a world class centre back to come in now and 29 isn’t exactly past it if we can get 3 or so good seasons, especially whilst Pep is still at the helm.

Coming from someone who said Frenkie De Jong wasn't as good as Neves and Ndombele I'm sure I'll survive.

spoken as if FDJ was better than those two. he's done fuck all still. also that's besides the point we are talking about KK here if you haven't noticed.

Kalidou Koulibaly's departure to Manchester City seems inevitable. The Italian press assures that City's latest offer would have met Napoli's demands. The operation could close around 70 million euros.

Koulibaly would be very close to the Premier League. City will put 70 million euros on the table for the Azzurri, a figure that finally seems to satisfy De Laurentiis' requests.
The push and pull between City and Napoli for Koulibaly seems to be coming to an end. According to 'La Gazzetta Dello Sport', the Italian club will accept City's offer of 70 million.

The Neapolitan team asked for 80 million, but after a long negotiation it decided to lower the claims of ten million to favor the white smoke.
Now, according to the Italian press, the telenovela seems destined to close for a middle ground that is good for both.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.