Kalidou Koulibaly

Stones might go back to Everton, who knows. Or Arsenal. Otamendi could go to Spain; Valencia or Real Betis with Pellegrini.

If the rumour is correct about keeping a wantaway Garcia another year (despite what the club knows and that they could get money for him now) then that speaks volume of the clubs intentions to get rid of Stones and Otamendi. From my pov, there’s no way in hell we are keeping them around for another season.
Everton have Mason Holgate, Yerry Mina, Michael Keane and Arsenal currently have 6 CB's including Magalhães who they just bought, so I can't imagine their board allowing Arteta buy another before they sell. Neither seem likely destinations, it's pure guesswork, you seem to think it's as easy to sell players in real life as it is in a computer game especially considering the £40m you quoted the other day (apologies if I've quoted the wrong poster). We've got a history of being unable to offload players, every club struggles in that respect unless you have ex. players dotted around the league in managerial positions.

Everton have Mason Holgate, Yerry Mina, Michael Keane and Arsenal currently have 6 CB's including Magalhães who they just bought, so I can't imagine their board allowing Arteta buy another before they sell. Neither seem likely destinations, it's pure guesswork, you seem to think it's as easy to sell players in real life as it is in a computer game especially considering the £40m you quoted the other day (apologies if I've quoted the wrong poster). We've got a history of being unable to offload players, every club struggles in that respect unless you have ex. players dotted around the league in managerial positions.

It's always a problem to elite clubs, like us, who pay players well. When their performances start to dip, due to age or whatever, moving them along for decent money is frustrated because the teams at a level below can't afford to employ them on the same terms.
Thus, we have to sell them for far less than they'd be worth if their earnings were more modest.

It's a problem but not one to moan about because the reasons are obvious to anyone and it's a direct and unavoidable result of being an elite club in the upper echelons.

We haggled well.

Aye good one we are 20-25m over what we reportedly set the limit at. And at most 5m under what napoli asked for to begin with
Which will prob end up what they asked for to begin with soon.

Last edited:
Generally agree - and it is easy to under-estimate the difficulty of coming back at the business end of a doubly disrupted season - multiple months injury + COVID. Worth remembering also how well Laporte performed in the 2019 run-in next to Kompany. If Koulibaly arrives and is the player we hope he is, I think we will see Laporte re-emerge as a world class CB.

Those 3 (inc Stones) were 3 of the best in Europe.

On current form, none of our cbs would get in the top 10 & that's against a pretty mediocre crop of cbs.

I think the best thing KK will offer us is leadership at the back.

Laporte's obviously a top player, and has all the leadership qualities to be a captain one day, but he's still relatively young and we could do with a more experienced, mature player to step in when times get tough. Think that's what we're missing most from Kompany really

I think the best thing KK will offer us is leadership at the back.

Laporte's obviously a top player, and has all the leadership qualities to be a captain one day, but he's still relatively young and we could do with a more experienced, mature player to step in when times get tough. Think that's what we're missing most from Kompany really
Yep, an Upamecano or any other young player can't offer that. That makes him our only target unfortunately

The must have a plan in place. Signing Koulibaly would give us 6 CBs. I expect them to work something out.

On what planet is 40m for Otamendi and Stones unreasonable? Say 15m for Otamendi, and 25m for Stones, who’s a young England international who played under the worlds best manager? 40m is really low.

I know life is not a video game but thanks for pointing that out.

The must have a plan in place. Signing Koulibaly would give us 6 CBs. I expect them to work something out.

On what planet is 40m for Otamendi and Stones unreasonable? Say 15m for Otamendi, and 25m for Stones, who’s a young England international who played under the worlds best manager? 40m is really low.

I know life is not a video game but thanks for pointing that out.
If Stones was on an upwards trajectory then we wouldn't be looking at bringing anyone else in to the club, the fact he's not and hasn't been for a considerable period means the chances of recouping even £25m in the current circumstances is crazy in my opinion. We might get him out on loan, I'd suggest that's about as good as it'll get.

Likewise if you think we'll get £15m off Valencia (who have made their entire squad available for transfer), I think you're living in Dreamland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.