Kalidou Koulibaly

62m initial fee is a very good price for an elite defender. Covid hasn't stopped the top clubs from spending, we're seeing the market act as it always does. If 62m is the price of winning a PL or CL, it is worth it. There's every chance Koulibaly will be a transformative signing for us.

I agree we could buy someone cheaper and he wouldn't improve us. If this guy is the real deal just get it done. Look how VVD improved the dippers. The top teams in the world seem to have no problem splashing the cash no matter how much debt they are in. While I can see we don't want to set a precedent or be taken for a ride, we sometimes have a mental block going all.out when it's obvious we desperately need someone for a position. We tried the right way getting a young Stones in hoping he'd improve bit it hasn't happened. Pay the money and sell him and Garcia, job done.

£62 mil if correct is a decent price to be fair. If we can recoup £15 stones, £15 angelino, £15-20 garcia. £45-50 mil in total to offset the £62 for a player that will actually make an impact and play regularly in the first team we shld wrap this up.

Oh don’t forget the Sane money we can dine off this for years just like the scouse vermin.

Whilst nobody trusts that Neapolitan lizard (ADL), the price is the price. Pay it and move on, no point dithering when we are clearly in need of such a quality player in a crucial position. We will be left holding our peckers shaking our heads at yet another defensive brain fart come next week if we don't!!

He tries not to get involved and shouts at them to stop. Then the guy gets his friend on the floor and starts beating the shit out him, and he intervenes.

We don't see in the video who starts the fight or who attacked who. Denayer said it was the guy of grey and the police cleared him of wrongdoing. Those are the facts.

You've invented a scenario where he's in a "gang", and the gang attacks the guy in grey, which is entirely fictional.
Sorry, nobody could watch that and not come away with any other conclusion than that Denayer was anything but a cowardly shitbag. The other lad was getting the better of his mate so he stuck the boot in.
Any remote chance he had at City was done as soon as the club saw that video.

Not my money I know but 70 million for a 29 yr old defender at a time when player prices are meant to be slashed is a massive No from me. Hope we pull out of this one

It’s not our money, he‘ll improve us instantly and there are very few other defenders on the market who are going to come in for less money with that pedigree. Kounde, Upamecano and Mason Holgate need another year of development where they are before they’re of the consistency we desperately require.

Same age as Zidane when he signed for Real, or Van Persie when we hesitated and allowed him to go and win a title for United - he’s of their level in his own right, so we just have to compromise to get it done

It’s been proven that Guardiola can’t develop defenders, so we need to buy ready-made ones in their prime - all of our rivals are investing well and approaching our level, so another Stones-esque failed project will leave us vulnerable to being eclipsed by them this season; we need to establish a strong spine again, and someone like Koulibaly will be a key element of that.

Jesus wept, is this transfer ever going to happen...?

It's gone on longer than Mane's hairline....

Maybe one of the reasonscwe are not going in for this, difference in asking price aside, is that we have no room in the squad currently, and are looking to move on a senior player first or at least have a plan for moving one on, before trying to 'get clost to what adl is looking for'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.