Kalidou Koulibaly

Herein lies the issue, Khaldoon has always been a big believer and advocate for early business. Of course there will be things we don't know, but isnt a DOF's job securing targets quickly and within a certain budget? If we ultimately pay the €75m Napoli want at the end of the window having lost to Wolves, how can we infer anything from that other than Txiki's error?
Txiki doesnt decide the budget alone, he negotiates but is responsible to his bosses for the oveall budget on a player. He won’t be able to just pay what he wants otherwise anyone could do his job.

Txiki doesnt decide the budget alone, he negotiates but is responsible to his bosses for the oveall budget on a player. He won’t be able to just pay what he wants otherwise anyone could do his job.
You see this is the biggest problem that we have with quite a few Blue Mooners who cant or cant comprehend that Txiki doesn`t have an open cheque book and he alone does NOT have carte blanche over transfers,hench the delay sometimes over our deals.

Sorry mate but you're just showing that you don't understand negotiation. If Napoli say "we want €75m" and City offer it, it doesn't mean they will accept. It's not like going to Tesco. Based on our history I'd expect them to say "actually, now the price is €85m". They are slippery and by just immediately meeting their very high demand all you'd signal is "I'm desperate".

I'll give you an example. A mate rents portable air con machines in summer. If someone rings the call centre and says "you don't happen to have any left do you?" that tells him two things: they've been ringing round for a while and other places have sold out. So he triples the price, and people pay it.

Txiki is likely waiting for the leverage of the time pressure at the end of the window to avoid this, and then he'll offer more. The Gimenez and Carlos rumours may be deliberate leaks to signal to ADL that we have other options and create the impression that he's in a weaker position than he thinks.
That might work if wasn’t for the fact we are as transparent as fuck, as always, and of course it’s KK we want.

You see this is the biggest problem that we have with quite a few Blue Mooners who cant or cant comprehend that Txiki doesn`t have an open cheque book and he alone does NOT have carte blanche over transfers,hench the delay sometimes over our deals.
The Amazon documentary was very revealing with behind the scenes footage in how decisions are taken amongst Txiki and our hierarchy.

(In hindsight I wonder if we regret not paying the money discussed for VVD before Liverpool got him?)

The Amazon documentary was very revealing with behind the scenes footage in how decisions are taken amongst Txiki and our hierarchy.

(In hindsight I wonder if we regret not paying the money discussed for VVD before Liverpool got him?)
I remember being scoffed on this very forum some years ago after revealing that our transfers were done by a "committee" who comprised of the Manager and at least 3 other senior officials.
Role forward some two years later and guess what we saw on the Amazon docu ... yes as I said.
At the end of the day decisions were made as to the final figure we would go to for VVD and in hindsight maybe we should have gone that extra mile.Wonderful thing is hindsight PS.

In my opinion that's why Liverpool won the title and our defence of it was so weak last season. And why we're yet again looking for another centre back not as good as VVD but probably more expensive (Maguire last year, now Koulibaly this).

Happy that Txiki is not prepared to pay silly fees amidst a pandemic in order to please a few needy fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.