Kalidou Koulibaly

Are we going to teach the people who made City one of the biggest clubs in the world how to do business? We want to sign good players but at reasonable prices. Overpaying for players, especially during a bad crisis, is not the way forward. Wish some City fans stopped question Txiki and Pep every day now. They want to see City strong more than the fans.

You risk getting a ban coming onto this thread with your rational thinking and common sense... be gone with you.

some people on here are so brainwashed by the media it will be a disaster if we don't get KK, with LaPorte and better finishing we would of won the league last year, but let the flappers flap away ,flap flap flap flap flap

we let 2 more goals in that Liverpool without our best CB , WHY all of the sudden are people on here taking the media narrative as gospel,

foden for silva. upgrade as silva legs had pretty much gone
ake in as partner/cover up grade on ferna legs have gone
torres in for well no one as sane ways injured . upgrade
rodri another season and i think he will be better than last year. upgrade
jesus will become the main striker, but sergio will still get 20/25 goals in all comps
mendy looks fit and did really well in the after lockdown games ,upgrade

if we don't buy anyone else i still think we will give anyone a run for the title.

of course i would like KK, aouer (sp) and a new forward , but hey ho

I agree, it seems we are doomed though reading bluemoon.

Are we going to teach the people who made City one of the biggest clubs in the world how to do business? We want to sign good players but at reasonable prices. Overpaying for players, especially during a bad crisis, is not the way forward. Wish some City fans stopped question Txiki and Pep every day now. They want to see City strong more than the fans.

Great post. We have too many CBs right now. We have Tosin - a great prospect who has come through the youth system and had a decent loan. He would be ideal 4th or 5th choice but there are 6 players ahead of him before we sign another, making him 7th or 8th. The likelihood is that he will move on as he has no real oportunity.

A fundamental principle is that you have to keep the squad lean and mean. Signing KK and having 8 CBs is not that.

Dont get me wrong I think KK would make us better as a first 11. But we should not be going balls deep as piling up players comes back to bite you down the road.

Great post. We have too many CBs right now. We have Tosin - a great prospect who has come through the youth system and had a decent loan. He would be ideal 4th or 5th choice but there are 6 players ahead of him before we sign another, making him 7th or 8th. The likelihood is that he will move on as he has no real oportunity.

A fundamental principle is that you have to keep the squad lean and mean. Signing KK and having 8 CBs is not that.

Dont get me wrong I think KK would make us better as a first 11. But we should not be going balls deep as piling up players comes back to bite you down the road.

We need KK and then we can get rid of the others.

Tosin? He wouldn't make Brighton or Leeds team, let alone our team. He is a gonner.

Otamendi and Stones aren't up to it. I fully expect to get rid of Otamendi, he is past his sell by date and is an accident waiting to happen every time he steps out on the pitch. As for Stones, i would keep him, but you couldn't trust him as far as you could throw him. His head is all over the gaff and needs to really focus this season.

If you can't see that this team is crying out for a leader, a commanding presence then i can't help you. I can't help to convince you otherwise.

We need KK and then we can get rid of the others.

Tosin? He wouldn't make Brighton or Leeds team, let alone our team. He is a gonner.

Otamendi and Stones aren't up to it. I fully expect to get rid of Otamendi, he is past his sell by date and is an accident waiting to happen every time he steps out on the pitch. As for Stones, i would keep him, but you couldn't trust him as far as you could throw him. His head is all over the gaff and needs to really focus this season.

If you can't see that this team is crying out for a leader, a commanding presence then i can't help you. I can't help to convince you otherwise.

I can see that a top class CB would improve our first 11, i said that above. My point is that we have too many CBs and 'getting rid' of players is easier said than done. Stones has made it clear he isn't going. Ottamendi looks to be sitting out his contract, as is Garcia. Fern is a club legend and deserves to be here and to get some time on the field - it isn't going to change. Tosin is clearly good enough to do the role Garcia did last year - be the back up and play in cup games.
You have to manage the squad list otherwise you end up with a load of deadwood. You don't manage it buy spaffing cash at every problem.

I can see that a top class CB would improve our first 11, i said that above. My point is that we have too many CBs and 'getting rid' of players is easier said than done. Stones has made it clear he isn't going. Ottamendi looks to be sitting out his contract, as is Garcia. Fern is a club legend and deserves to be here and to get some time on the field - it isn't going to change. Tosin is clearly good enough to do the role Garcia did last year - be the back up and play in cup games.
You have to manage the squad list otherwise you end up with a load of deadwood. You don't manage it buy spaffing cash at every problem.

True but we need better quality in the back perhaps in two positions , a CM and a striker to keep up with the Jones so to speak.

Our owner has made the statement that more are coming presumably in these positions but we shall see.

I don't think Kun can keep playing the number of games he has in the past as injuries are starting to catch up with him.

True but we need better quality in the back perhaps in two positions , a CM and a striker to keep up with the Jones so to speak.

Our owner has made the statement that more are coming presumably in these positions but we shall see.

I don't think Kun can keep playing the number of games he has in the past as injuries are starting to catch up with him.

Agree. My approach would be to be cautious in the transfer market because 1, we have too many CBs, 2 there are no good strikers available (but might be in years to come), and 3 covid will change the market going forward so keeping some powder dry might help.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.