Kalvin Phillips interview in the Sunday papers

Kalvin released an amazon doc whilst at city and was giving interviews every other week while he was here, so not surprised he did one quickly afterwards. He seems like a genuinely nice guy, and i do think he's mostly tried to avoid being inflammatory in that interview. But generally he could talk a bit less for someone playing so poorly for so long.

Some absolute top tier bell ends on this thread.
To be expected, and they were begging for this interview so they could flag him off.

I always wonder if they were face to face with someone they slag off like this, would they do it? I doubt it. It would end up with ‘sorry Kalvin mate. Top lad’.

Football fans can be the absolute worst.

So players don't give interviews now? Do we know he set it up or was it done by a PR person at West Ham?
Not when you have done absolutely nothing to talk about and your career is at the crossroads.

Do you talking on the pitch and the rest looks after itself.

So the Sun effectively steals a balanced interview with the Observer, sensationalises it and takes an out of context quote to create a ridiculous headline.

People on here slag Phillips off for it.

In the media thread, these same people are slagging the media off for sensationalising and distorting things on City.

Make it makes sense.

So the Sun effectively steals a balanced interview with the Observer, sensationalises it and takes an out of context quote to create a ridiculous headline.

People on here slag Phillips off for it.

In the media thread, these same people are slagging the media off for sensationalising and distorting things on City.

Make it makes sense.
Didn’t Phillips knew what sun or any media would do…However balanced interview he did , this statement from him that pep should called out his weight in different way is uncalled for statement.

Kalvin released an amazon doc whilst at city and was giving interviews every other week while he was here, so not surprised he did one quickly afterwards. He seems like a genuinely nice guy, and i do think he's mostly tried to avoid being inflammatory in that interview. But generally he could talk a bit less for someone playing so poorly for so long.
I agree he does seem a nice guy and I’m not one of the rabid haters but he does seem to give off a bit of a “woe is me” attitude to his setbacks and be a little too passive/not take ownership and make the most of his opportunities. I agree with whoever said the elite mindset just doesn’t seem to be there.

When one remembers the guy is paid c.8 quid a year before any addons or endorsements etc it makes it a little difficult to feel too sorry for him.

Didn’t Phillips knew what sun or any media would do…However balanced interview he did , this statement from him that pep should called out his weight in different way is uncalled for statement.
So you're saying they should do no interviews at all? That's not going to happen, no matter who they speak to, other media will pick up on it and twist it to suit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.