Kalvin Phillips interview in the Sunday papers

The final straw with Pep was him being injured for us for months and then him going on holiday after not playing for England in the WC. What commitment was he showing to the club that paid money for him and gave him a lucrative six year contract. He must be as thick as pigshit.

100% I’ve yet to meet an intelligent one from Yorkshire and I’ve met plenty from west and south

Nice lad and good player. Hung out to dry by Pep, but clearly couldn't operate as the player Pep hoped.

Anyone slagging him, the lad has achieved more in his short career than any of you will in a lifetime. Hope he goes on and has a successful club and country career elsewhere. He didn't down tools or show bad attitude, it just didn't work out.
Being a "nice lad" has got nothing to do with anything. Phillips has been totally unprofessional. Going to a tabloid paper and criticising his manager while still being paid by City tells you everything about his character. Not fit to wear our shirt.

Pretty poor this from KP. 2 games into his loan spell at West Ham where he’s been pretty underwhelming and he’s already crying to the papers

Is it worth correcting the header for this thread, given the criticism he's getting for going to a tabloid?

He's done a long, and fairly balanced and respectful, interview with the Observer, which the Sun has simply regurgitated, cherry picking and distorting his words, to create click bait headlines.

soon as he did that documentary for Amazon I knew he's a diva at heart
The Sun story today was sponsored by Paddy Power news which seems a bit strange. I wonder if Phillips got paid for it. I also assume he got paid by Amazon for the film. The kindest thing you can say is that Phillips is stupid and has made a disastrous PR blunder.
The Sun has spent 10 years writing smear stories about City and the last few months doing a character assassination on Kyle Walker (admittedly he didn't help himself). I wonder what his former City teammates thinks about Phillips doing this interview as our team starts its title run-in. I keep hearing "they all think he is a nice lad." I am not so sure.

The Sun story today was sponsored by Paddy Power news which seems a bit strange. I wonder if Phillips got paid for it. I also assume he got paid by Amazon for the film. The kindest thing you can say is that Phillips is stupid and has made a disastrous PR blunder.
The Sun has spent 10 years writing smear stories about City and the last few months doing a character assassination on Kyle Walker (admittedly he didn't help himself). I wonder what his former City teammates thinks about Phillips doing this interview as our team starts its title run-in. I keep hearing "they all think he is a nice lad." I am not so sure.

he had someone from Leeds united in his documentary slating how he's been handled at City

He didn't give an interview to The Sun. He did one with The Observer.

Tabloids discovered years ago that they could legally get away with reporting interviews in other papers. There was a bit of fuss when they started, and they originally would mention at some point that the "interview" was with another paper, but now they just write it as if it's their exclusive.

Is it worth correcting the header for this thread, given the criticism he's getting for going to a tabloid?

He's done a long, and fairly balanced and respectful, interview with the Observer, which the Sun has simply regurgitated, cherry picking and distorting his words, to create click bait headlines.
Done

Being a "nice lad" has got nothing to do with anything. Phillips has been totally unprofessional. Going to a tabloid paper and criticising his manager while still being paid by City tells you everything about his character. Not fit to wear our shirt.

You could say the same for Pep, should he have publicly criticised his player for being a kilo overweight, or dealt with it in house?

Pep is a **** but a successful ****, so it's seen in a completely different light.

You could say the same for Pep, should he have publicly criticised his player for being a kilo overweight, or dealt with it in house?

Pep is a **** but a successful ****, so it's seen in a completely different light.
And yet other times when he’s publicly criticised players it’s worked. I suppose it depends on whether you’re a mentally strong elite sportsman or a bit of a freeloading crybaby

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.