Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's your thoughts on Mahrez - not sure how true but i heard we expect 2 of Raz, Jesus & Mahrez to go with Cole Palmer being full on next season

Don't see Sterling leaving this summer. Mahrez is also on big money, so the pragmatism from the board might well be we lose Sterling, Mahrez and Gundo next year and free up best part of £35m a year.

Jesus is one of the few we know we can recoup cash on right now.

He is in the process of moving agents this month to Stellar. Jack's people. There is a pay day to be had.
Just remembered, that's the other thing I was told.
As a squad back-up to Rodri? Most definitely. Especially so, if it suggests Bernie will continue to be a part of our midfield engine.

Five subs next season will be huge for us.

*Bellingham next year.
With you on this mate. An injury to Rodri this season would have cost us the league. It was the biggest risk Pep took. Phillips is a top player and his distribution is as good as Rodri's - short rather than long but efficient.

Don't see Sterling leaving this summer. Mahrez is also on big money, so the pragmatism from the board might well be we lose Sterling, Mahrez and Gundo next year and free up best part of £35m a year.

Jesus is one of the few we know we can recoup cash on right now.
I think 2 need to leave for us to look for a signing, think if only Jesus goes we'll stick for this year.

Just remembered, that's the other thing I was told.

With you on this mate. An injury to Rodri this season would have cost us the league. It was the biggest risk Pep took. Phillips is a top player and his distribution is as good as Rodri's - short rather than long but efficient.

Phillips gives us something we have lacked since Fern's legs have gone, lateral movement. He is very comfortable shifting side to side, whereas Rodders likes to break the lines and is much more up and down.

I don't want to slag Rodders, he's magnificent, but both goals conceded at the weekend had an element of his failings in them?

He couldn't get back in for the first and was caught ahead of the ball. The second one, he is the wrong side of Watkins for the flick.

Rodri has dragged us through games in recent weeks and being able to sub him during matches next season for Phillips will be a huge benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.