Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long has Philips got on his contract?

On another note, players expressing a wish to stay put is something you should look at pragmatically. I've seen players saying the same to us, then running down their contracts & leaving on a free or for a lot less than a new/mid contract fee.
2024 so 2 years left.

Oh I agree Dribble, should always take those declarations of loyalty with a pinch of salt but KP is a Leeds lad through and through.

He has spoken about it many tines including very recently.

Not many 1 club men in football anymore but it wouldn't surprise me at all if KP was one.

2024 so 2 years left.

Oh I agree Dribble, should always take those declarations of loyalty with a pinch of salt but KP is a Leeds lad through and through.

He has spoken about it many tines including very recently.

Not many 1 club men in football anymore but it wouldn't surprise me at all if KP was one.
Admittedly you could be entirely correct and your Leeds based knowledge is likely very reliable, but swap Phillips and Leeds with Grealish and Villa and this is exactly what we were told last year.

No offense Pablo, but firstly there is no way Phillips is worth anything over 50m and that’s if we disregard that two of most reliable people on here are saying there a clause and it’s a matter of time before he joins.

all it takes is the player to accept the move and the clause is there, just like with Grealish.
No offense taken.

A lot of talk of Raphinha having a release clause to DeBlueLou not long ago.

€25mil if relegated and €70mil if not I think it was. This was reported by many reliable sources like Fabrizio Romano for ages.

Not true, our local Journalists always said it wasn't true and turned out they were correct and eventually it became public knowledge, lots of backtracking and our DOF then confirmed it.

Our reliable local Journalist has said the same regarding KP, no release clause exists only a relegation clause so can only go on someone whose always been reliable for us.

And even if there was a release clause it would need to be more than £55mil because Kalvin's agent Kevin Sharp confirmed we rejected a club record offer for him from West Ham in January which was for an amount around the £50-55mil mark.

So either way you would need to pay around the £60mil mark.

I am not itk so maybe I am wrong and your reliable sources on here are right, it's possible but highly unlikely based on the evidence I'd say.

Last edited:
Admittedly you could be entirely correct and your Leeds based knowledge is likely very reliable, but swap Phillips and Leeds with Grealish and Villa and this is exactly what we were told last year.
I understand and never say never but Kalvin is a very different character to Grealish which may play a part.

Much more down to earth and grounded (never seen Kalvin crashing his car and stuff like that).

Not sure massive wages and things would turn his head the same as Grealish.

Last edited:
With Fernandinho (foreign player) going do we have scope to sign two defensive midfielders to replace him if, one is a homegrown?

If so I'd go for Kalvin and Douglas Luiz.

They bring different attributes that would be useful in different games.

If we keep Bernardo and with Alvarez, Felix, Haaland, Phillips and a LB, that will be one hell of a summer. WOW
Who will pay for Bernardo Silva 90-100M£? Especially not from England? Serious question. Because people are talking nonstop how he is unhappy and wants to leave while nobody in the world would pay 90-100m£ for him.

Let's hope he's a better transfer than Grealish. Supposed to be very down to earth, and not a complete balloon. So that's a start.
Yes I remember seeing the Leeds united amazon documentary, he seemed like a very down to earth and humble guy. Bielsa praised him a number of times on the documentary for being selfless hardworking and a great teammate.

KP also has a great story, he had to overcome a lot as a kid. His dad was in prison and his mom could just made ends meet. He had to get the free lunches at school and got made fun of. Apparently he is Leeds through and through . I would love to have him at city but not sure if he will leave Leeds. I remember he was getting attention from villa and Liverpool but he choose to stay with Leeds and being them back to the prem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.