Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is a long term plan in City going for Cucurella, and if that is to sell Zinny or use him in the midfield time will only tell, but im guessing his time at LB (Unless his role is to be roational in lb and cm) is over.

Perhaps Pep has wanted to use Zinny centrally but his fullback options have been so sparse last season with X being arrested. Guessing.
There were games when Walker and Cancelo were fit and he could have used Zinchenko in midfield but chose not to and more often than not he was on the bench.

I may be wrong but I suspect he will be competing for the LB spot or leaving. Personally I'd like to see him stay and fight for his place. He is a useful squad member and can cover midfield if needed but I just don't think he'll get the game time he wants to keep him happy if we sign another LB.

There were games when Walker and Cancelo were fit and he could have used Zinchenko in midfield but chose not to and more often than not he was on the bench.

I may be wrong but I suspect he will be competing for the LB spot or leaving. Personally I'd like to see him stay and fight for his place. He is a useful squad member and can cover midfield if needed but I just don't think he'll get the game time he wants to keep him happy if we sign another LB.
we had 3 fullbacks all season of course he wasnt gonna throw zinny in the midfield and risk losing another one.

With the lb signing coming in and Cancelo being a main lb and can slot in at rb if walkers needs rotation its either him playing both cm or lb if needed or him leaving. Hence im hoping he slots in at cm behind gundogan kdb and Bernardo.

I don’t think that will happen unless Gundogan wants to go. Frankie is a starter-level talent, KP is a fitting dm option for pushing Rodri. And now with Zinchenko showing his level at CM the chance is less.

hope he stays at Barca and we can give him a shot next summer

If FDJ is available though, it's a small window. I'd prefer we go for him and have one season with a slightly awkward lack of backup for Rodri, than prioritise Phillips over him and see him go elsewhere. It'd be like signing a young Gundogan, not many opportunities for that. I trust the club.

If FDJ is available though, it's a small window. I'd prefer we go for him and have one season with a slightly awkward lack of backup for Rodri, than prioritise Phillips over him and see him go elsewhere. It'd be like signing a young Gundogan, not many opportunities for that. I trust the club.

But it seems the club plan is sign Phillips now and then Gundogan leaves next season and we bring Bellingham in? I guess the decision is that?

“CLAUSE”

Happy now

giphy.gif

we had 3 fullbacks all season of course he wasnt gonna throw zinny in the midfield and risk losing another one.

With the lb signing coming in and Cancelo being a main lb and can slot in at rb if walkers needs rotation its either him playing both cm or lb if needed or him leaving. Hence im hoping he slots in at cm behind gundogan kdb and Bernardo.
I just don't see him in midfield for us. I think it's more likely that Foden or Grealish play there. I don't remember the same desire for Zinchenko to play midfield before his good performance last night and I doubt one performance against a poor Scotland will change Guardiola's thinking.

In all of the years he's been at the club, I can't remember Zinchenko playing in midfield more than a couple of times. I'd rather have Cancelo and Walker for the RB slot and Zinchenko fighting for the LB position with a new signing.

I hope he doesn't leave as he's a decent LB and can cover a midfield position in an emergency but if he stays, his games will most likely be at LB. I suspect that he will leave though if we bring in another player for that position.

I just don't see him in midfield for us. I think it's more likely that Foden or Grealish play there. I don't remember the same desire for Zinchenko to play midfield before his good performance last night and I doubt one performance against a poor Scotland will change Guardiola's thinking.

In all of the years he's been at the club, I can't remember Zinchenko playing in midfield more than a couple of times. I'd rather have Cancelo and Walker for the RB slot and Zinchenko fighting for the LB position with a new signing.

I hope he doesn't leave as he's a decent LB and can cover a midfield position in an emergency but if he stays, his games will most likely be at LB. I suspect that he will leave though if we bring in another player for that position.
Yeah you are probably right... It's more naive hope to get him into the cm slots to fill out the squad for next season. But it's more likley if he stays hes gonna rotate at lb and (hopefully) cm, but with a lb signing that looks also bleak :S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.