Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we try to get Frenkie de Jong first before settling for Kalvin Phillips. At the very least, we'd force United to overspend a bit more.
I don’t think that will happen unless Gundogan wants to go. Frankie is a starter-level talent, KP is a fitting dm option for pushing Rodri. And now with Zinchenko showing his level at CM the chance is less.

hope he stays at Barca and we can give him a shot next summer

Yeah there were even claims on the VIlla end that he'd agreed a new deal when City ITKs were adamant he'd already joined us.

It might be more complicated with Phillips if there's no release clause, but the stories so far and the reaction on the Leeds end is notably similar.

He has some sort of Claus if we get him for under 40m

I don’t think that will happen unless Gundogan wants to go. Frankie is a starter-level talent, KP is a fitting dm option for pushing Rodri. And now with Zinchenko showing his level at CM the chance is less.

hope he stays at Barca and we can give him a shot next summer
I think he'll have his opportunities. Aside from being Rodri's direct back-up, he can fill-in for KDB when he's not fit, and Bernardo when he plays more advanced.

But I agree, he'd make more sense once Gundogan goes.

I think he'll have his opportunities. Aside from being Rodri's direct back-up, he can fill-in for KDB when he's not fit, and Bernardo when he plays more advanced.

But I agree, he'd make more sense once Gundogan goes.
I love the player but seeing Zinnys effort last night really opened the eyes of him being the backup to Gundogan and co. As Cucurella comes in too hopefully that happens.

I love the player but seeing Zinnys effort last night really opened the eyes of him being the backup to Gundogan and co. As Cucurella comes in too hopefully that happens.
I doubt Zinchenko will see much time in our midfield. He'll most likely be be LB or on the bench. One game against a very poor Scotland side isn't going to change how Guardiola views him IMO.

I just don’t believe that our scouts , Pep, Txiki, whoever it is on the footballing side would ever get someone they didn’t think they could work with. I just don’t see it. So when people say he lacks the technique or skills or fashion sense I just prefer to trust in the people that are paid a fucking fortune to get it right….and they do most of the time. An England international is not much of a risk because they’re always likely to get you your money back.. so if he is the one .. bring it on.
He seems like another Delph to me. Dependable, got the legs, good back up.

I doubt Zinchenko will see much time in our midfield. He'll most likely be be LB or on the bench. One game against a very poor Scotland side isn't going to change how Guardiola views him IMO.
I think there is a long term plan in City going for Cucurella, and if that is to sell Zinny or use him in the midfield time will only tell, but im guessing his time at LB (Unless his role is to be roational in lb and cm) is over.

Perhaps Pep has wanted to use Zinny centrally but his fullback options have been so sparse last season with X being arrested. Guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.