Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
If his name was Kalvinho all you miserable cunts would be wanking urself silly
26 year old Kalvinho from brazil who plays for leeds and has only played top flight football for 2 years ?

I doubt most people would be excited to sign a 26 year old that has only played 2 seasons of top flight football for 60m no matter the situation. If he was 20/21/22, it would be more exciting.

Could we expect to see him play further up in the pitch in front of Rodri?
If they play together I imagine one of the fullbacks like Cancelo going up further in the attack instead of an 8 and he'd be holding alongside Rodri. He could drift out to the right and put in a cross now and then.

26 year old Kalvinho from brazil who plays for leeds and has only played top flight football for 2 years ?

I doubt most people would be excited to sign a 26 year old that has only played 2 seasons of top flight football for 60m no matter the situation. If he was 20/21/22, it would be more exciting.

You’ve literally just described Raphinha, and a lot of top clubs both here and abroad are getting very excited about the idea of signing him this summer.

Well I hope that those people who rubbished him on this forum can see exactly what he can bring to our team.
Has an eye for passing,likes a good old tackle and works like a horse ... just what we need in a defensive midfield player.
Humble pie for those doubters please.
I'll wait to see him play for us before I'll be eating any humble pie. YouTube highlights have a tendency of overstating a players abilities. The individual full match compilations are better to gauge but I can't seem to find any on YouTube.

The term 'amazing' isn't what it used to be.

Looks exactly what he is, not a bad player but not an elite player.

I suppose as backup to Rodri he'll be decent enough.
For a Youtube highlights reel , it's not the greatest and he looks a better player in games than he does on there.

Brings legs to midfield which we've lacked since Fernandinho aged.
Can pick a pass.
Takes a half decent set piece.
Similar for penalties.
Leeds fan so he'll have grown up with a dislike for the scum over the road.

He's a similar mould to a younger Fernandinho. I'm really looking forward to this if we get it over the line. He'll also massively compliment Rodri - how often have we said he's been at his best this season with a runner (Bernardo) next to him?
I know a few Leeds fans and they rave about him. I think he will be a great addition to the squad and will improve under Pep's tutelage. His passing range is very good and I am sure that area of his game has not gone unnoticed by Pep. Looking forward to seeing the Yorkshire Pirlo in a sky blue shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.