Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Passing range looks pretty wide. Looks a hard nosed player.

Well I hope that those people who rubbished him on this forum can see exactly what he can bring to our team.
Has an eye for passing,likes a good old tackle and works like a horse ... just what we need in a defensive midfield player.
Humble pie for those doubters please.

Doubt it much, he could box to box in a 433, but most likely in a 4231 in the cup with a Lavia or Gundo you could see him pushed forward more.
This is my thinking. I wonder in Champions league if Pep may take a more pragmatic approach and go with a 4-2-3-1 in the later rounds. Either way I think he's a valuable addition.

Stop comparing Alan Ball and Pep. One is the greatest manager in the history of the game. Don't compare the knowledge he can pass on and articulate to players compared to other coaches.

If you don't think that a guy as intelligent as Pep, who was one of the great CDM's, who played over 260 games in this position wouldn't have the ability and understanding to get the most out of another player in this position, then you have rocks in your head.
I mean, promoting Busquets from Barca B was probably one of his most significant interventions and I hear that worked out...

Reactions: JDV
Well I hope that those people who rubbished him on this forum can see exactly what he can bring to our team.
Has an eye for passing,likes a good old tackle and works like a horse ... just what we need in a defensive midfield player.
Humble pie for those doubters please.
Turn it in. Samaras looked great on YouTube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.