Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who will pay for Bernardo Silva 90-100M£? Especially not from England? Serious question. Because people are talking nonstop how he is unhappy and wants to leave while nobody in the world would pay 90-100m£ for him.
Atletico, Barca, Real, all would be interested but not for cash, player exchange?

Atletico, swop with Felix?

Barca swop with FDJ?

Atletico, Barca, Real, all would be interested but not for cash, player exchange?

Atletico, swop with Felix?

Barca swop with FDJ?
Awful suggestions. We are losers in each of these deals. Bernardo is better than FDJ in terms of pressing and many things off the ball, Felix is not a midfielder. We are extremely short in midfield when we would be able to make that kind of deal. Extremely, extremely stupid suggestions to swap Bernardo with any of these players. It would be a disaster. I don't know why many people here are in love with players like Felix or Frenkie De Jong. Neat, tidy players with zero personality and character. Bernardo has to stay. Anyway, City has said Barca that they will not swap Bernardo with FDJ, in terms of Felix it would be a masterpiece of the stupidity to swap midfielder on a false 9 and stay extremely short in terms of midfield.

2024 so 2 years left.

Oh I agree Dribble, should always take those declarations of loyalty with a pinch of salt but KP is a Leeds lad through and through.

He has spoken about it many tines including very recently.

Not many 1 club men in football anymore but it wouldn't surprise me at all if KP was one.
I don’t think he will say he will leave when your team is fighting in the relegation battle

However I do think it is the last chance for getting a big contract as he will turn 27 this year. It’s quite like Jack Grealish situation. He will sign a deal with Leeds if he cannot move to city. But I think this deal is gonna be harder than Jack’s one because Kalvin definitely doesn’t mind to stay Leeds forever.

No offense taken.

A lot of talk of Raphinha having a release clause to DeBlueLou not long ago.

€25mil if relegated and €70mil if not I think it was. This was reported by many reliable sources like Fabrizio Romano for ages.

Not true, our local Journalists always said it wasn't true and turned out they were correct and eventually it became public knowledge, lots of backtracking and our DOF then confirmed it.

Our reliable local Journalist has said the same regarding KP, no release clause exists only a relegation clause so can only go on someone whose always been reliable for us.

And even if there was a release clause it would need to be more than £55mil because Kalvin's agent Kevin Sharp confirmed we rejected a club record offer for him from West Ham in January which was for an amount around the £50-55mil mark.

So either way you would need to pay around the £60mil mark.

I am not itk so maybe I am wrong and your reliable sources on here are right, it's possible but highly unlikely based on the evidence I'd say.
Fair enough! We’ll see within a few weeks what’s actually the case. Just that City would’ve moved on If the price was over 45m and Leeds would’ve communicated that by now to City

Gotten? are you american?
‘Wealth gotten by vanity shall be diminished: but he that gathereth by labour shall increase’ : Bible, Authorised Version

‘Jack Cade hath gotten London Bridge’: William Shakespeare (Henry VI pt 2)

‘City can only sign Phillips because of their ill-gotten gains!’: Leeds fans and almost everyone else…

;-)

2024 so 2 years left.

Oh I agree Dribble, should always take those declarations of loyalty with a pinch of salt but KP is a Leeds lad through and through.

He has spoken about it many tines including very recently.

Not many 1 club men in football anymore but it wouldn't surprise me at all if KP was one.

I admire that in a player, and I actually hope he does stay at Leeds.

There are too few players willing to show loyalty to the Clubs who’ve developed them, and I can’t fault him if that’s the decision he takes.

The only thing that makes me think that might not be where this is heading is his changing agents to Stellar this summer. Could just be to negotiate a better deal at Leeds, of course, but more often than not when a player makes a move like that, it’s because they’re trying to change clubs. Particularly a group like Stellar.

I admire that in a player, and I actually hope he does stay at Leeds.

There are too few players willing to show loyalty to the Clubs who’ve developed them, and I can’t fault him if that’s the decision he takes.

The only thing that makes me think that might not be where this is heading is his changing agents to Stellar this summer. Could just be to negotiate a better deal at Leeds, of course, but more often than not when a player makes a move like that, it’s because they’re trying to change clubs. Particularly a group like Stellar.

are you a leeds fan mate?

are you a leeds fan mate?

Hah - no, I’m not actually.

It’s something I like in footballers though - when they’re loyal to their boyhood club and stay through their careers - do I can’t begrudge it when I see it.

Happens so rarely these days that whenever you do see it I can’t help but feel a respect for the players that manage their careers that way - particularly at less heralded Clubs.

Phillips would be good for us, but he’s far from the only (or the best) option for a player in that role, so if he decides to stay out of loyalty to Leeds, and we move on to better - I’d be happy with that outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.