Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping he does well, you never really know how a player will make the jump to this level

I remember in the last couple of games of the Euros, he basically become a passenger towards the end and rice was carrying him, it’s pretty noticeable if you watch those games back. I don’t think that was really anything to do with his ability, I think possibly the mental fatigue of being way above anything he’s been at before in terms of stage and pressure and everything. The reality is that he probably wouldn’t have been a starter then if Henderson was fit.

I’m sure he will acclimatise to being at the top club day in day out and then it just becomes down to his talent. Plenty of people seem to be sold on his ability. I can’t say I’ve ever been particularly blown away by him or anything but he’s a solid and reliable player and maybe that’s all he needs to be. Not everybody needs to be spectacular in a balanced side.

£42m really isn’t a huge fee these days really. Well it’s still quite a sum, But given the fact he is still pretty young and an England international and proven in the premier league , if I was a Leeds fan, I’ll probably be wondering why we let him go for that much

He's not just a backup for Rodri. He can play the RM position in a bit more advanced position pretty well as he showed with England when playing with Rice. He can play the Bernardo role fairly well against most teams (pretty much every team in the Prem besides Liverpool and Chelsea in my opinion).

He seems like a great addition to the locker room as well which is very important to City according to Soriano.
Let’s be real. He is never going to play RM, lol.

Let’s be real. He is never going to play RM, lol.
If he's playing with Rodri he might. When Dinho and Rodri played together, one played higher up than the other. City doesn't play a rigid system as long as the principles are consistent. Bernardo at RM plays different than Kevin at RM, etc.

If he's playing with Rodri he might. When Dinho and Rodri played together, one played higher up than the other. City doesn't play a rigid system as long as the principles are consistent. Bernardo at RM plays different than Kevin at RM, etc.
Was very rare that happened but when it did I thought I seen more of one of the pivots dropping back forming a 3 when we occasionally played this. Dinho being the man who dropped back central of the 2 CBs?

I just personally can’t see Phillips being used as a RM. but who am I lol

Was very rare that happened but when it did I thought I seen more of one of the pivots dropping back forming a 3 when we occasionally played this. Dinho being the man who dropped back central of the 2 CBs?

I just personally can’t see Phillips being used as a RM. but who am I lol
No, I agree he will most likely be used as a CDM. However, given how small our squad generally is (rotation and/or injuries to other players) and if he and Rodri play together, he has it in his locker to be utilized in another role.

I think he means KDBs spot as a rcm not a 442 RM which of course he isn’t suited for
So pretty much an 8 which is how we’ve played for years and can’t remember ever seeing Dinho or Rodri play in a 8 role (bar the end of a game)
No, I agree he will most likely be used as a CDM. However, given how small our squad generally is (rotation and/or injuries to other players) and if he and Rodri play together, he has it in his locker to be utilized in another role.
I’m not disagreeing with u pal, think a bit of confusion happened here regarding the RM/RCM meaning that’s all. Personally think flair, balance and agility along with the work rate is needed for our 8 role. Would love if we come unstuck to see Mcatee play some games there as it looks like Foden is becoming a wide player for us, but then again Bernardo looked like he was going that route and has been amazing as an 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.