Kalvin Phillips

Nice little cameo, but that’s all it was. Bobb had flashes, too, and Gomez’ dribble and cross were sublime.

That said, it’s always nice to be able to give Rodri a rest, even if it is only at 3 goals up!

Phillips needs to “make the angle” quicker and know where the first touch pass is going in order to play in the middle of the park for City. There were definite glimpses, but he doesn’t get out from behind the opponent trying to block the passing lane quickly enough just yet. And, I think the fact that he just looks like he’s jogging around doing nothing dies him no favors, even if it is trying to find that space.

Hope he gets a few 20-30 minute spells, so we can all find out if he’s got what we need. In fact, slotting him alongside the Master once or twice wouldn’t hurt him. It would show him the work rate and “take the ball, pass the ball, move” needed to be a top, top player.

I have noticed that Kalvin gravitated close to an apponent player when we have possession. He doesn't try to find space.
Now, I'm not saying I know how he is instructed to play, but glueing himself to an apponent when we have the ball seems counterproductive.
Shirley he needs to be finding space to make himself available to receive a pass?
Stick to your day job

Today when he got his chance (albeit late on) he actually got involved and didn't look half hearted as he has with previous fleeting playing time.

He still has a mountain to climb to prove his worth to the squad but maybe he has started the ascent.

I have noticed that Kalvin gravitated close to an apponent player when we have possession. He doesn't try to find space.
Now, I'm not saying I know how he is instructed to play, but glueing himself to an apponent when we have the ball seems counterproductive.
Shirley he needs to be finding space to make himself available to receive a pass?
You must have been watching a different game because he was always looking around himself to find space to take the pass when he came on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.