Kalvin Phillips

Would be shocked if he's in the wolves side, did nothing to impress but worse players out there. he's not good enough for city ultimately though, it is clear and him staying was just blind faith tbh.
I’d be shocked if he’s in the Wolves side but wouldn’t be surprised to see him play a part for us

He doesn't know what he is talking about.
I mean, Pep has pretty much said the same about him on the ball. You watch Rodri every week, how can you watch Rodri on the ball and then say that Phillips is a good passer? It’s chalk and cheese.

And he was still better than Phillips
It’s a myth about the Plodri thing.
In his 1st season Rodri did actually play a decent amount of games and he did score the winning goal in the LC final. That year we had a Centre Half problem which meant Dinho having to play there. Rodri therefore had to step up and play and did so regular and a dam sight better than anything I’ve ever seen off Phillips

He did okay. Better in the first half, like everyone else.

Nothing much to read into it, doubt it changes anything for him. But he didn't hide, so credit to him.

Personally I think it's a bit harsh on phillips, he wasn't great but he wasn't shit. He was slow at times but the reason he's slow at times is because he's not match fit, he can only get match fit by playing matches. The problem he's got is we can't afford to carry players, city are at such a level and rodri is at such a level that you notice the difference when someone comes in and isn't quite at it.

When in the last 2 years has Rodri EVER put in a performance like that.

Even if he did he'd be world class again for the next 10..
Missing the point entirely, I didn't say Rodri has, although if you go back to his first season, theres many performances not just like that but worse. I merely used him to highlight how a bog standard "did his job but nothing more" performance tonight gets jumped on as if he had a stinker simply because it's phillips and for many, judgement has already been made. He was fine tonight, couldnhe have done more? Yes. But its also something like his 5th ever start for us, we didn't lose because phillips was on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.