Kalvin Phillips

Having watched the interview back it seems pretty clear to me that Pep was being sarcastic. And I don't blame him. Phillips has undermined his future career by doing a pre-organised interview with the Sun newspaper. He has only got himself to blame. Moyes gave him a chance to do his talking on the field but he has already blown it because of the interview that just piled more pressure on himself.
100% this. It’s akin to him thanking a referee for helping us so, so much.

Sarcastic Pep is his best form. Basically telling the journalists to fuck off, but without giving them anything to publish.

100% this. It’s akin to him thanking a referee for helping us so, so much.

Sarcastic Pep is his best form. Basically telling the journalists to fuck off, but without giving them anything to publish.
Other than Pep ‘grovelling’.

which will play ok to 98% of Fail readership.
they should bar the **** from the Etihad then he really can’t have anything to publish.

Yeah....inside he was thinking the overweight over paid stupid haircut lazy ****.

He's a millimeter away from doing the rubbing eyes thing.

Other than Pep ‘grovelling’.

which will play ok to 98% of Fail readership.
they should bar the **** from the Etihad then he really can’t have anything to publish.
Journalists do that whatever anyone says.

I gave up reading these types of articles years ago. It’s no different to Talksport. They’re there to provoke a reaction.

Journalists do that whatever anyone says.

I gave up reading these types of articles years ago. It’s no different to Talksport. They’re there to provoke a reaction.
Exactly. A reaction against Manchester City and all that sail in her. I wonder if the campaign would qualify as a hate crime?

Exactly. A reaction against Manchester City and all that sail in her. I wonder if the campaign would qualify as a hate crime?
Probably not as they do it to all they interview. They’d probably cite The Simpsons defence and suggest they don’t discriminate, they mock everyone equally.

I’ve merely suggested that journalists have a penchant for twisting what people say to them in interviews.
Yes they do but our press UK in the main, has friends and enemies and they are treated differently depending on what category they fall into. Uniquely almost, everyone hates us, even the liberal loving Guardian.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.