Kalvin Phillips | On loan at West Ham

Obviously I hope any player with us is successful but the lad has to massively improve all aspects of his game to get a sniff with us this season.

Maybe we should freeze this thread as it already has like 46 pages when most of the team only has like 5 or so.

Oh Crikey, do we have to keep going over this?! Some of us believe giving him time will some how give him some mystical morph into a City player with an instant first touch, awareness of play going on around him, and just basic natural ability. That’s the City template. You HAVE to have that before Pep can begin to mould and improve you. There are others of us who KNOW he just hasn’t got these basic qualities and he needs to go somewhere where his honest to goodness effort and nice guy approach will be appreciated and enjoy his football again without the out of his depth pressure that expecations at the best team in the world can screw you up. Sorry if that upsets the posters who want to believe otherwise, but it’s not going to happe for the lad. Sooner you and him recognise this the better for him.

LOL!!

I reckon you're on the Guardiola back benches cobbling together data to show him...

Yes, to give him the second year to see how he fares...

Wait... What?!!

Sorry, that's a shit opinion!

As you were...

I want nothing more than Kalvin to miraculously morph into an elite level midfield general......but can you not recognise what a huge,potentially season wrecking,gamble that decision is? especially with this player.

I want nothing more than Kalvin to miraculously morph into an elite level midfield general......but can you not recognise what a huge,potentially season wrecking,gamble that decision is? especially with this player.

No, cos Guardiola and team integrate players into the team and put failsafes in for potential mistakes.

Why do you think we have an excellent back line? For contingency issues.

This allows the mid to grow, flourish and take chances or find their best form. In return, that development takes the pressure off the back line, so people like Stones can step forward.

We can see this in goals conceded.

For me, it all works in tandem. I can see why you might think the way you do, but we are the sum of the parts, not individuality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.