Kalvin Phillips

Villa is a little light in midfield and could lose Douglas Luiz. Everton might lose Onana. Newcastle might lose Bruno G. Crystal Palace cashing in 100m+ on Eze and Olise, and I could see other clubs trying to sign Wharton from them. One of those 4 clubs would be our greatest hope I think

I don't think there will be a lack of interest in him, at a cut rate fee. It's the wages that are the problem. Will he want to forego 4 years of his current contract?

I don't think there will be a lack of interest in him, at a cut rate fee. It's the wages that are the problem. Will he want to forego 4 years of his current contract?

He would've done that for Leeds but won't for anybody else no and why should he? It'll be a loan only this summer and Everton would be ideal for him location wise if they're actually interested in him that is, could see somebody like Dyche actually getting the best out of him as well if he goes there.

The issue we've got is he's not getting nowhere near the wages we've given him elsewhere, we really needed Leeds to promote to have any chance of permanently offloading him, I'm just praying if we loan him out again this year and actually impresses hopefully Leeds promote too, then they'll take him the season after next other than that he's going nowhere permanently.

Had Soton failed to promote somebody else would've paid the fee they will for THB or very close to it, he's the England u21 captain so £20m is quite standard even with a year left there'd still be massive interest in him at just a few million less.

If Leeds had promoted yesterday we'd have potentially shifted Kalvin's wages off the bill, even if it was on an initial loan but we've now got to accept that we're probably stuck with him, if you me or anyone else was Phillips in his situation there's no way on earth you'd forego your future earnings.
Phillips will know he's not getting that kind of money anywhere else but here or Saud, everyone knows he also loves home/family too much to ever go there... I even get the impression he was probably homesick in London.

Maresca going to Chelsea means no Leicester link.

Don’t think Newcastle will be interested.

Moyes leaving West Ham means he won’t go there.

Can’t think of a viable option now Leeds aren’t going up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.