Kalvin Phillips

I'd like Phillips to come to us, however im not sure you would let him go on loan again. Given his struggles at West Ham the last 6 months after not getting a look in for you, there wont be many takers for decent money.

Only way I can see it is with a few million in loan fee and covering all his wages. What is he on?
About 140 / week.

I'd like Phillips to come to us, however im not sure you would let him go on loan again. Given his struggles at West Ham the last 6 months after not getting a look in for you, there wont be many takers for decent money.

Only way I can see it is with a few million in loan fee and covering all his wages. What is he on?

Our negotiating position on it is non existent tbh. If someone is willing to take him on loan with option to buy if he does well then I don't think we can expect more than that. Doubt we can command much of a loan fee if wages of £140k need to be covered.

And given how his last loan move worked out, it's unrealistic for us to expect anyone would take a punt on buying him and hitching themselves to the guy for 5 years without knowing if he'll ever perform to a decent standard again.

Hope city say a big fuck off. He has to be sold. Loaning him again basically resigns us to continual loans until his contract runs and he goes for free. The same with cancelo. Nobody is going to throw bids in when we're seemingly so willing to accept loan deals. The only acceptable loan is if it includes a unbreakable cast iron mandatory purchase at the end of it otherwise we need to play hardball tell every inquiry for a loan to fuck off and only entertain bids for a permanent transfer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.