Kalvin Phillips

It's not 'speculation' to suggest Pep doesn't trust him as a member of the squad. It's glaringly obvious now. He would undoubtedly have needed minutes in his legs yesterday and got precisely zero.

Needs to be some home truths between the club and Kalvin. He's taking up a space in an already small squad and serves no purpose. Harsh, and unfortunate, but pretty undeniable.
He's part of the squad, but the situation just keeps getting weirder. He should've got some minutes yesterday.

I can't see him getting any meaningful minutes with us so if he's got any ideas of being in the England squad for next years Euro's, he needs to leave now or in January.

Send him back to Leeds in exchange for Tyler Adams.

Just sell him, a loan could reduce his transfer value, sadly we may have to pay off some of his contract, how many clubs would offer him the same wages?
He needs a chance to get fully match fit in my opinion, hasn’t played for any length of time.

He needs a chance to get fully match fit in my opinion, hasn’t played for any length of time.
And he won't. There's no way he gets Rodri out of the team, and if Rodri is injured, then Kovacic, Lewis, Stones and Gvardiol are ahead of him. He is not going to get the run of games that some people want him to have, unless we decide that the season is a write-off.

This thread is way too large for before the season to even start.

Maybe we should wait until he gets minutes to discuss his "performances".

There’s fit and there’s match fit. He’s an England international who has hardly played
The reason is not getting fit is because he's playing like crap and not making even the slightest bit of a case to get playtime. Not because he's recovering from an injury. He's been injury free for over 9 months.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.