Kalvin Phillips | On loan at West Ham

A performance thread where he is yet to feature for us this season and it's about to reach 100 pages. Fucking hell. There's plenty of rags and dippers to hate on rather than somebody who is desperate to be a success here.

I'm not going through it but I'm presuming it's nearly 100 pages of people slagging him off despite having absolutely nothing to base it on. Has to be the worst part of the forum.

A performance thread where he is yet to feature for us this season and it's about to reach 100 pages. Fucking hell. There's plenty of rags and dippers to hate on rather than somebody who is desperate to be a success here.

I'm not going through it but I'm presuming it's nearly 100 pages of people slagging him off despite having absolutely nothing to base it on. Has to be the worst part of the forum.

Good point

A new 'none performance' thread should be created,that would be much more appropriate and accurate.

His last contribution of over 5 minutes in a meaningful game was the Leicester match last season when we turned to shit at 3-0 and they should really have scored 2 or 3.

Think it’s scarred Pep.

But they do have something to base it on - dreadful performances when he has played and thus a manager who won't entertain giving him minutes when every other midfielder is about to collapse with exhaustion. A manager who publicly criticised him about his unprofessionalism when he should have been getting fit. I just wonder quite how desperate he is to be a success at City. At the ground on Saturday, he got great support whilst warming up and rightly so. There's nothing wrong, however, with people coming on here to comment about the situation. If it's not for you then don't read it. Most of the comments aren't over the top anyway. It'd be far worse if this situation was playing out whilst the team wasn't doing so well.

But they do have something to base it on - dreadful performances when he has played and thus a manager who won't entertain giving him minutes when every other midfielder is about to collapse with exhaustion. A manager who publicly criticised him about his unprofessionalism when he should have been getting fit. I just wonder quite how desperate he is to be a success at City. At the ground on Saturday, he got great support whilst warming up and rightly so. There's nothing wrong, however, with people coming on here to comment about the situation. If it's not for you then don't read it. Most of the comments aren't over the top anyway. It'd be far worse if this situation was playing out whilst the team wasn't doing so well.
He has played 593 minutes across all competitions since he joined us, across 21 appearances - 28 minutes per appearance. We played 61 games last season, 5490 minutes of fixtures. So he played one minute for every ten that we played. It may be that he will never achieve more than this, but judging him on this is unfair, surely. I hope he makes it with us, I really do.

He has played 593 minutes across all competitions since he joined us, across 21 appearances - 28 minutes per appearance. We played 61 games last season, 5490 minutes of fixtures. So he played one minute for every ten that we played. It may be that he will never achieve more than this, but judging him on this is unfair, surely. I hope he makes it with us, I really do.
I don't think there's a City fan around who doesn't want him to make it. But there is a reason he's played so few minutes despite having been fit since December.

Thing is mate, I don’t think anyone is really judging him as a player from what we have seen - he has never looked brilliant, but we can’t really fully judge him.
What we can judge, is that Pep quite evidently doesn’t rate him. At the moment he’s nothing more than a cheer leader.

"despite having absolutely nothing to base it on"

That is complete nonsense.

No one on this board or associated with our club wants him to fail, we simply want to see him contribute more, if only to give our most important player (Rodri) a rest.

He clearly is not trusted by his manager despite returning to full fitness for over 6 months, why is that?

Why did /has the club continued to look to reinforce the area in which he plays?

Pep should play Kalvin more when result is secured, maybe kovacic takes distribution job and kalvin provides him support or even a duo of rodri and kalvin might work. Its clear he cant do the solo number 6 role like rodri does or at least not now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.