Kalvin Phillips | On loan at West Ham

Giving him a 6-year deal was a brain dead move. The club is stuck with him in a similar way the rags are stuck with Maguire. I suspect "fight for his place" just means that he is comfortable not playing and picking up his paycheck.

I respect his self belief. We hired the lad, if he intends to fight and learn the system then fair fucks to him.
As is his right. We gave him a contract - can’t moan that he expects to fulfill it or at least try improve or fight for his place.
I agree in a sense fair play to the lad,but is he actually going to get game time,if we suddenly had a raft of injuries in midfield ( god forbid) I still don’t think he’d be played the lad should move on ..

I respect his self belief. We hired the lad, if he intends to fight and learn the system then fair fucks to him.
As is his right. We gave him a contract - can’t moan that he expects to fulfill it or at least try improve or fight for his place.
I would like to see him play in the next 2 league matches. It's very hard to figure out the whole Kalvin situation because we have all seen a good player for England/Leeds, but Pep never seems to trust him, not even against poorer opposition. Sheffield and Fulham are the perfect opponents for him to show what he is about, IMO.

I agree in a sense fair play to the lad,but is he actually going to get game time,if we suddenly had a raft of injuries in midfield ( god forbid) I still don’t think he’d be played the lad should move on ..
I don’t know. But he sure knows more about his own situation than anyone on here

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.