Kalvin Phillips

Isn‘t he irrelevant if Nunes actually joins? Unless Nunes is more of a CM I don’t see why we should keep Philips. At this point he should move there‘s players I’d rather give a chance. You can replace him with a youth player on the bench.

I have no idea, mate.

However, at some point, he must realise professional pride and his future England place is at stake.

Maybe a reported 150k a week is worth not really giving a fuck about the aforementioned.
He's gonna earn half that somewhere else. Buying him was a gamble that hasn't paid off. I think he will hang around for this season creaming in the $$$ then get sold maybe next summer. It's not his fault really, he didn't ask to be bought by us, we took a gamble. Surely though he will get bored of not playing, after all he is a footballer.

Another game,another 90 mins on the bench.

Sheffield United was exactly the type of opposition we bought him for,yet he isnt deemed reliable or trustworthy enough.

C'mon Kalvin......for your own sake/career......speak to Pep and Txiki and get yourself a new club.

Palace with Palmer and Eze to us would be nice!

Very harsh analysis there mate.

Firstly, he didn't sell himself to City, and he didn't set the fee or wages. The club jumped in with both feet and threw money around, following what I can only assume was inadequate scouting / background checks.

We don't know whether or not Phillips is 'grafting' or anywhere near earning his salary, but I wouldn't for one minute think that he "couldn't give a fuck".

The lad is (in my opinion) simply out of his depth at City. He's most likely a thoroughly decent lad... one who effectively 'won the lottery' when we signed him.

I hope he gets a good move and that City do the right thing in relation to paying off his contract when he leaves.

Responsibility for any 'fault' on this occasion lies very firmly with the club, not the player.

It happens in all industries that every now and again a person is hired for a position beyond their experience or abilities and underperforms.

In those instances the fault doesn’t lie with that person, it’s on the people who hired them.

Being “promoted into incompetence” is a whole area of study in business management and leadership called the ‘Peter Principle’.

@tolmie's hairdoo suggesting their might be a move on the cards.

The lad has to realise this is for the best,hopefully a permanent but maybe a loan at this stage.

He is still a good player,just not for us,there are at least 15 clubs in the Prem that could benefit from his contribution.
Yep probably 17 teams. I reckon only us, Arsenal, and Chelsea would he not get a kick. Maybe Newcastle too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.