Kalvin Phillips

That fella who leapt onto Haalands back at the weekend has spent more time on the pitch than Philipps.
I cannot understand why he is getting no gametime at all.
If its just simply a case of not being good enough, why does he want to stay and why do we want to keep him.
A footballers prerogative is to get as much gametime as he can, its what they live for
Moving to a club that will provide him with this should be his objective.

Come on mate...I want the guy to do well in Blue just as much as the next guy....but there is no way you can spin this transfer as anything as a disaster so far.

He's hardly played any meaningful mintues in 12+ months of wages being paid...and got publicly called out by Pep on his weight.
It's possible that he is a great locker room presence, and is immense to go against for starting eleven during training...but that it truly the only way he would be contributing as of now.
I hope it gets figured out for him, but it is looking less and less likely to be with City.

He's struggled yes, but the injury set him back so had to be a squad player, After the World Cup City was behind the 8 ball chasing Arsenal so it had to be our best 11 for most of the run in, Ok he's no Rodri and I don't think that's is game anyway, Maybe the Gundogan role would suit Phillips, but Pep feels Kovacic is better at that role,

So if it's Rodri's role he is covering for then yes he is not good enough for that, But Pep knows best

Maybe he’s saying this because it’s the right thing to say, meantime secretly hoping a decent offer will come along to save his career.

He’s conducted himself well in public and never let his undoubted frustration show.

Why's it the right thing to do? By all accounts the offers have come in for him so it's baffling all round.

Hopefully he can turn it around but if next summer we're looking back at this season and again he barely played and he wasn't picked in the squad for the Euros then the only conclusion you can come to on why he didn't leave this summer in search of more minutes is that he's getting paid very good wages at City and he didn't want to lose out on that.

I think us not playing him is our way of letting him know he should look for another club, I just don’t think we are the type of club to drag him in the office and tell him
We want him out.
Unfortunately he’s dug his heels in and thru whatever medium has said he will stay and fight for his place.
Could be genuine or simply on too much money to walk away.
Whatever the reason there’s no way the waistcoat can use him ahead of players who are playing every week.
Kalvins choice I suppose but his stock is at an all time low now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.