Kalvin Phillips

The club that see him every day in training, the club with the best coaches in world football decided not to act, what does that tell you?
The club was open to selling him, but he refuses to go. One particular reporter has said a few times that Pep and his team were seriously disappointed with him in training last season

There were reports from Germany saying that Bayern might come for him later in the window when it could be clear to him he won’t get much game time and Pep hasn’t changed his mind. Let’s wait and see. An old Brazilian manager used to say, the problem with having a bad player in the squad is that eventually he gets used

The club was open to selling him, but he refuses to go. One particular reporter has said a few times that Pep and his team were seriously disappointed with him in training last season
Think they may have been open if they’d got Rice, they don’t seem so open now or actively looking for an alternative to Rice.
Which reporter said that, none I saw, in fact his attitude seems to be very good from the bits I’ve read.

I don't know how but the hype and expectation from KP has to be even less than when he first arrived.
Did you watch the documentary though? Such a good guy… Have you seen his interviews though? He speaks the motivated talk… ignore what your eyes see and just think of the rest…

He should be nowhere near our squad.

I said this before we signed him, during the rumours we were after him, during the last season and now after another shite 45min from him in pre season... he’s simply not good enough for us!

He released his documentary at a good time to get people liking him as a person but as a footballer if Rodri gets injured we are in big trouble.

Which reporter said that, none I saw, in fact his attitude seems to be very good from the bits I’ve read.
I didn’t mention his name because the second I do all the prejudices come to the surface. It was Sam Lee. He talked about it again with Nedum Onuoha. The club can’t push a player out unless they accept to leave. I fully believe he thinks he can make it, but ultimately it’s not up to his head, it’s up to him proving on the pitch to the manager he deserves chances. Unfortunately I just don’t think there is a player in there enough to turn it around and it is concerning to me that we will end up overplaying Rodri yet again and this time without Gundo to help

I didn’t mention his name because the second I do all the prejudices come to the surface. It was Sam Lee. He talked about it again with Nedum Onuoha. The club can’t push a player out unless they accept to leave. I fully believe he thinks he can make it, but ultimately it’s not up to his head, it’s up to him proving on the pitch to the manager he deserves chances. Unfortunately I just don’t think there is a player in there enough to turn it around and it is concerning to me that we will end up overplaying Rodri yet again and this time without Gundo to help
Well we can disagree about his ability, think any question of his attitude is nonsense whoever said it.

he was not too bad. at the moment his problem is in his head and decision making. needs to concentrate on every touch.

He should be nowhere near our squad.

I said this before we signed him, during the rumours we were after him, during the last season and now after another shite 45min from him in pre season... he’s simply not good enough for us!

He released his documentary at a good time to get people liking him as a person but as a footballer if Rodri gets injured we are in big trouble.
Say we accept that though, considering we play a single pivot, which player is happy to play second fiddle to Rodri and is anywhere near Rodri's level when it comes to playing there in a Pep team. Bearing in ming Pep knows that position better than anyone in football and thought Phillips could do that job ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.