Kalvin Phillips

I don’t understand how people expect him to come on after not playing for so long for us and somehow hit the ground running.I did see a player try his best and had some good moments. Does hold the ball a little to long and lost possession but he needs a run of games to really judge him. If he got some rhythm I think he would do okay. Obvious not Rodri level but will and can be a good cover. But need games! Hopefully he starts at Newcastle

Just seems not to know how to play composed football, not to say he's complete shite and cant do certain things well but just misplacing easy passes, poor positioning. big Guardiola principles and he's very poor at them.

I expected him to find it hard when he came on with no game time hardly! Maybe he needs a run of games to look better than he did! Let's see if pep picks him now Rodri out for 3 games

Has his playing style always looked this slow and plodding?
When Rodri came everyone said he was slow. Heck even as soon as a year ago people were saying he is slow. But he reads the game and you don’t need speed to play good. He needs games and go get up to rhythm

Got thrown into a 6-2-1 formation and did well. Carried the ball into the corner and fought hard to run the clock down. Couple of stray passes but everyone was at it for a bit of the second half so he wasn't alone. Brought the points home with the other nine lads left out there. Had to pick up the pieces after Rodri was a prat and he did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.