Kalvin Phillips

An embarrassing number of posters seemingly already wrote out their scathing assessment of him before we even kicked off and couldnt wait to post it.

He was fine tonight and certainly doesn't warrant criticism. I do believe he should be aiming to impress tonight and not just be fine and he didn't do that, but at the same time the game didn't particularly lend itself well to allow a player like him to impress. Rodri puts that performance in, nobody says a word.
When in the last 2 years has Rodri EVER put in a performance like that.

Even if he did he'd be world class again for the next 10..

I’m obviously in the minority but I thought he had a good game. Barely put a foot wrong, intercepted well, kept possession and played some decent through balls (the one early in the first half to Bobb was inch perfect).

Would be shocked if he's in the wolves side, did nothing to impress but worse players out there. he's not good enough for city ultimately though, it is clear and him staying was just blind faith tbh.

I’m sorry but people not wanting to say it how it is based on tonight are kidding themselves. Peps comments before the game were damming. As it stands he simply isn’t our level and is below our level on most of the basics. I do think he has been massively unlucky. I’m not sure I’ve seen a player win the ball back to lose it straight away again so many times. I’d be shocked though if we see him start again failing a major injury crisis. Players may have been worse tonight but the majority have earned the right to have a bad game or weren’t signed for £40+ mil for a such a key area.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.