Kalvin Phillips

The phrase "game of fewest mistakes" comes from golf but has a lot of applications in football as well.Most players including Kalvin can do some good things but my doubt is how frequently he gets it wrong, especially in a team like city who don't sit back it can be very costly. Wish him luck but think city's system maybe too difficult for his touch lack of quickness of turn,feet etc. Think his passing and tackling etc would suit most teams in top half.
Definitely concerned how this maps out.Might just get away with it keeping it very simple but like others not sure he's the right material.
This is a good point. Rodri had one bad game last season (Spurs away) and got thumped for it. That's the level of consistency we need. And it's true across every position. Any player near our squad is an exceptional footballer, it's not in doubt, the question is can they do it in our system. We need 7+/10, 90 minutes, twice a week.

This is a good point. Rodri had one bad game last season (Spurs away) and got thumped for it. That's the level of consistency we need. And it's true across every position. Any player near our squad is an exceptional footballer, it's not in doubt, the question is can they do it in our system. We need 7+/10, 90 minutes, twice a week.
Crikey, according to MEN scoring very few of our players ever get close to this score. Amazing we won anything!

I watched that Amazon film about Kalvin Philips last night. That’s an hour of my life I’ll never get back. Pretty much just a load of self-produced waffle about what a lovely guy he is and how much he loves Leeds.

Now I'm sure he is a lovely lad etc but needs to step up or step off massively this season.
Won't be missed by me

The lad doesn't want to go so of course West Ham have moved onto other targets or is your point if they want to spend 40m on Gallagher we are getting half that for Phillips
My point is they didn't make an offer for him despite plenty of speculation they were interested. Reckon we'd be happy to take a £10million loss on him at this stage.

Still think there’s a player there but seems hamstrung by confidence and football intelligence/ability to learn issues

Started weak but really grewinto the game. Finished very strong. Hopefully he's starting to believe in himself.

Kovacic being a replica of Gundo in the 6 position won’t have been healthy viewing for him in that first half…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.