Kalvin Phillips

[when

Well in the case of Phillips, he's not fancied here, so better to let him go play elsewhere on loan until the summer when someone will buy him. If he does a good job at West Ham, they'll likely buy him. It puts him in the shop window a bit, which wont happen here. Also it's probably the decent thing to do for a lad who wants to get on with his career and has no future here, especially when someone is going to pay for him in the summer anyway. I doubt we're that worried about Phillips helping West Ham in relation to what we want to achieve this season. It's not like we're loaning Haaland to the dippers.

As for Cancelo, we clearly don't want him around the club, and he doesn't want to be here either. Best off letting someone else pay some of his wages and have him out of the way. Rather do that than have a bad attitude around the club.

I get all that, but if we wanted a player from West Ham it would be inflated-value City tax, didn't we want
Lucas‎ Paquetá in the summer and they wanted a crazy price ? look good luck to Phillips if he leaves, But let's have Lucas‎ Paquetá on loan until the summer with a view to buying

His wages will be partly funded by City,

all the clubs always play the we are poor card and never want to pay a transfer fee or the market value,
It's so funny all the clubs moan about our FFP but will take a helping hand with a loan player
They are paying his wages not us

We still need cover for Rodri because as sure as night and day he will be sent off before season ends and then we are in trouble especially with stones still being out . Like to see kova get stuck in abit more though .
But he could be cover for Rodri yet we’re letting him go?

It was like some of the desperation signings we made in the 2012/13 season. Yet he came in the summer on big money.

But he could be cover for Rodri yet we’re letting him go?

It was like some of the desperation signings we made in the 2012/13 season. Yet he came in the summer on big money.

Well he can't cover Rodri, otherwise he would. I mean obviously he can in the literal sense you could put him in place of Rodri, but you could put me in there, doesn't mean I can do the job well.

Pep sees him every day in training and clearly hasn't trusted him to cover for Rodri when it matters, so he's likely right. I'm sure Pep knows what he's looking at when he sees someone day in and day out.

They are paying his wages not us

I doubt that very much, West ham will have a wage cap and Phillips will be on much higher wages than any West Ham player, City will be paying some of his wages at least 50% i think

Not a chance, on loan (no disrespect to W/Ham) but that's his level, at best.
Seems a nice bloke, but a bang average player, who was out of his depth. Couldn't believe we signed him, guess Pep, or someone, thought he'd improve....a lot.
Good luck to him.
Whatever else he does in his career he can always say he scored the winner in a CL game for the greatest club on the planet

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.