Kalvin Phillips

Pep says we probably won’t replace. Can’t say I’m surprised. He hasn’t really been used and when he has it’s for 5 mins or a start in the cup. Getting on with the season no way he players unless god forbid a Rodri injury which I still think he wouldn’t have as Pep doesn’t rate him. Would play Kov/Lewis over him there.

All the best to KP though. Glad it’s to West Ham, hope to see him do well.

It always felt to me, when he got on, that he was in awe of his surroundings and colleagues that he was a rabbit in the headlights. Pass and move is at the core of what we do but he played a pass and stood still, or time stood still, for him. He needed to believe he was at least as good as Rodri, but came over as the ball boy.

Good luck to him though. Lovely lad, which isn't a given in this league (or greater manchester, for that matter).
Yes. Seemed to be in a 'dont fuck up' mindset as opposed to 'right, time to shine'

Hopefully feels the latter for West Ham.

Assume he signs permanently for West Ham for £45m.
Then you have two choices.
(1) Plodder Rice or
(2) Phillips and £60m in the bank.
Is it a difficult choice?

It always felt to me, when he got on, that he was in awe of his surroundings and colleagues that he was a rabbit in the headlights. Pass and move is at the core of what we do but he played a pass and stood still, or time stood still, for him. He needed to believe he was at least as good as Rodri, but came over as the ball boy.

Good luck to him though. Lovely lad, which isn't a given in this league (or greater manchester, for that matter).
In my opinion, if you're a winger rather than a DCM, it's simpler to transfer from a team like Leeds to City. In such a position, hiding is simply impossible. You're often passing it more than 100 times during a match. I hope the best for him.

I think this isn't unexpected. I always think it's best to realise early doors if something isn't really going to happen. We have such a reputation for improving players once they get here, but the other side of the coin is that you have to be honest and a bit ruthless when it looks unlikely to work out. Nobody wants to keep a player for a few years that looks unlikely to produce the goods (albeit on a different salary Paul Pogba etc. etc.). It never works out well.

Doubt we get our money back but the obvious is some kind of deal involving Paqueta if he can get everything sorted.

Need Phillips to do well and cement a first team place.

Strikes me as the kind of player Moyes will like.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.