Kalvin Phillips

Man City's record on buying English players is horrific at best - that's including Stones and Carson!
Really? Over what time period are you talking here "Bruno"?

Lescott, Hart, Barry, Milner were all good signings from a previous era. I'd argue Fabian Delph given his low transfer fee did a good job for us as well, despite injury issues.

Walker, Sterling, Grealish, Stones of the current era have all done well in blue. That's not forgetting homegrown Foden and Rico Lewis, who are at different stages of their development but both will be part of our squad for a long time.

Naming Carson is harsh. I'd say he's fulfilled exactly the role the club purchased him for - he wasn't signed to push Ederson was he, let's be honest.

Really? Over what time period are you talking here "Bruno"?

Lescott, Hart, Barry, Milner were all good signings from a previous era. I'd argue Fabian Delph given his low transfer fee did a good job for us as well, despite injury issues.

Walker, Sterling, Grealish, Stones of the current era have all done well in blue. That's not forgetting homegrown Foden and Rico Lewis, who are at different stages of their development but both will be part of our squad for a long time.

Naming Carson is harsh. I'd say he's fulfilled exactly the role the club purchased him for - he wasn't signed to push Ederson was he, let's be honest.
It was a very poor attempt at wumming with no research at all. If he has to name Carson, a 3rd choice back up goalie, who I think doubles up as a goalkeeping coach and by all accounts extremely popular and looked up to, then you know they have no argument.

I was wondering the same thing.
Pep obviously sanction the purchase....I wonder exactly what it was that made him point blank refuse to play him.

I mean, we've had some poor signings even under pep but I've never seen them given basically no game time at all and frozen out for seemingly no reason as Kalvin was.

So I was thinking about why Phillips didn't play and I think KP is very 'risk averse' as a player. Maybe through how he's been trained at Leeds and England playing him based upon that.

Just remember the mids at both of these clubs are quite static and try to negate anything risky in their play. At City, Guardiola has us trusting each other, especially in the middle, changing positions and having spaces covered by teammates, which is why we're so fluid and makes us dangerous to play against.

However the converse is true where we can be exposed and Phillips, seemingly, plays with that thought process. The fear of fucking up was clear, that you can be in, fuck up and never get back in is an issue in his head. I think he has to trust in the process and himself more at City and, hopefully, he can do that whilst on loan at WH.

Man City's record on buying English players is horrific at best - that's including Stones and Carson!
Haha. Just joined have you. Fed up with the great English players signed or playing at the swamp. McGuire, Sancho; rash the hash….

sorry if you were attempting a Clarkie (ooops - do you know what a Clarkie is)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.