Kalvin Phillips

You can only coach someone to a point, clearly Kalvin was not taking on what was been asked, maybe not smart enough or simply not at the technical level to perform.
We obviously fucked up our due diligence on Mr Phillips.
Good luck to him at West Ham, i hope he gets his career back on track

Other than being a bit overweight, and that’s what it was, what else has he done?
Exactly. Walker has done worse things than Phillips, but he is a first team regular so it's okay... not suggesting he deserves any bad sentiment either, just a comparison

Other than being a bit overweight, and that’s what it was, what else has he done?
I was wondering the same thing.
Pep obviously sanction the purchase....I wonder exactly what it was that made him point blank refuse to play him.

I mean, we've had some poor signings even under pep but I've never seen them given basically no game time at all and frozen out for seemingly no reason as Kalvin was.

This is true. Mendy and Mangala might have done slightly more on field than Phillips, but they cost us £90m whilst recouping nothing.

Jo too was dreadful, perpetually cup tied and also left on a free.
Owen Hargreaves, Patrick Roberts, Marlos Moreno, Glauber Berti, Stuart Taylor, David Gonzalez, Gai Assulin, Teerasil Dangda, Suree Sukha, Kiatprawut Saiwaeo

Combined transfer fee of about 30p.
Moreno was £5million, Roberts was £7.5million, both left on free's having never featured. Hargreaves would have been on a high wage just to keep our medical staff busy for a year.

The original line was worst signing, all worse signings than Mangala or Phillips who both played and contributed to trophies.

Moreno was £5million, Roberts was £7.5million, both left on free's having never featured. Hargreaves would have been on a high wage just to keep our medical staff busy for a year.

The original line was worst signing, all worse signings than Mangala or Phillips who both played and contributed to trophies.
I’m not arsed enough to argue.

Phillips, Mangala and Mendy‘s transfer fees cover about 50 of the random signings that didn’t work.

None of them had any real impact on us winning anything.

Man City's record on buying English players is horrific at best - that's including Stones and Carson!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.